Giving Her Back

Yay!!! New chapter. So I'm really happy for all the reads i have now and i just wanted to ask a small favor, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE FAN????? i would really appriciate it!

Chapter 12

~~~Ariana’s POV~~~

            Ever wake up feeling like something’s wrong? Well, obviously I’m going to experience that feeling, I’m tied to a chair! Ughhh, my head’s throbbing too. It’s not my fault that they don’t trust me to stay quietly on the ship. I mean I guess they’re really smart to figure out that if they just let me do whatever I want in this state, I’d definitely escape. Still, no need to knock me out and tie me to a chair! Seriously? Just lock the door!

            I guess I dozed off again, because the next thing I knew I was softly awakened. I felt the ropes being gently pulled off me. The second they were gone, I quickly pulled my hands back and rubbed the sore spots.

            “Sorry,” Tyler’s voice came.

            “It’s okay, I guess,” I mumbled.

            “Listen, I need to tell you something,” Tyler said sitting in front of me.

            “Obviously, why else would you be here?” I snapped back, tired and angry.

            “You’re mad,” Tyler looked grim.

            “Thanks, Captain Obvious!” I said with a lot of sarcasm.

            “I’ll get to the point then, get off this ship,” he said looking away.

            Wait what? Get off this ship? Does that mean I can go home? Now? So is he going to bring me back home? He is right? He better! I mean, he’s not that cruel to leave me here alone, right?  Thoughts ran through my head so fast, it was impossible to process them all. But one question stuck in my head.

            “Why the sudden change?” I cautiously asked.

            When Tyler turned back around, his eye’s looked glazed over and threatened to spill tears. As he ran his hand through his hair, shaking was visible. Overall the poor boy looked ready to break down. Yet, as realization seemed to dawn to him, he snapped back to his poker face amazingly fast.

            “Just because I feel like it. Now pack whatever you want, I’m giving you to one of my friends. When she set’s sail, you’ll go with her,” he huffed.

            Great, I get to leave this place! So then, why does my heart ache?

~~~Tyler’s POV~~~

            Talking to Caida yesterday, after learning the truth of my past, we thought of something very serious. I had loved Serena a lot, and I love Ariana now too, is it just a coincidence that they look alike? No, we decided that I only like Ariana for her resemblance to Serena. That’s terrible of me, I’ll only hurt Ariana, and so I’m letting her go. She doesn’t need someone who only likes her for her looks. She deserves someone better.

            I closed the door and waited out in the hallway. When she came out, I started to walk at a brisk pace. I can’t stand to look at her again, it’ll only make me remember Serena more. Oh, Serena! I’m so sorry!

~~~Ariana’s POV~~~

            “This is Caida, she’s a navigator on Bircth,” Tyler said introducing a tall woman to me. She had soft brown eyes with flakes of gold twirling around in them. Beautiful waves of hazel-nut colored hair fell down past her shoulders. She was curvy, yet the muscles underneath that were clearly visible. A gentle air that also had a hint of danger hidden seemed to surround her. I felt myself get more comfortable with the seconds ticking by.

            “Hello, Ariana,” Caida spoke in a soft musical voice, “Tyler, I do see that the resemblance is great.”

            “Yes,” Tyler said immediately.

            I chose to ignore that comment. Not only did I not know what was going on, now did I want to learn.

            “Caida, is it? When do we set sail?” I said eager to go home.

            “We leave the same day as Tyler and his crew, which means in two days. Also Ariana, you cannot just sit around the ship all day, so I will have to give you a job. You will be in charge of kitchen help,” Caida said, ticking off the points with her fingers.  

            “Kitchen help? Um sure thing,” I answered weakly smiling.

            “Good, we’ll see you later Tyler,” Caida said pulling me away.

            The next two days were filled with learning recipes and perfecting them. I actually found cooking to be lots of fun. I learned cooking techniques too, and I’m pretty sure I got stronger with hall the mixing I did. By the time I finished making three perfect courses, it was time to set sail. It’s almost time to see my very own home!