Chapter 4: Oh My God

Chapter 4 - "Oh My God"

*

*

LOLA

"What class you looking for, Ma?" Xavier smirked at me.

"A class" I sassed. "Why are you still in the hallway when the bell rung already?" I squinted my eyes at him.

"This my school" He folded his arms. "For real though, shawty, where you going at? He peeked over at my schedule.

"My name is Lola, remember?. Second, I'm going to computer tech class" I sighed.

"That wasn't that hard, now was it? We have the same class, come on" He gently yanked my arm. I snatched it back. "I can walk, what the hell" He chuckled deeply, pulling me close to him. He then gently pushed me up against the wall, and tried to kiss me. I slapped the hell out of him.

"What the hell is your problem!?" He licked his lips and backed away. I quickly walked away from him, deciding to struggle finding the class on my own. I don't know what the hell is wrong with Atlanta dudes, just because we shared a few words, it didn't mean shit.

After I walked around a little more, I found the class. My seat was assigned in front of some weird girl with thick, nerd glasses. Basically, all everyone had to do was learn stuff about the computer.

The rest of the day went by breezy. By the grace of God, I was able to avoid and ignore Xavier for the rest of the day. I was ready to go home and take a nap. I thanked holy heaven that the day was over and done with.

I walked quickly out of the doors of the school. "Hey boo" Bianca smiled. "Hey, what's up? You like disappeared on me today" I joked. "My bad girl" I laughed. "Do you need a ride home?" She nodded. "If it's not asking too much" I waved her off. "Come on girl" I walked us over to my car.

"Damn this car is nice as fuck" She admired it, rubbing her hand across the dashboard" I chuckled.

"Thanks girl, this is my baby"

"No problem. So, how did you like your first day?" She asked putting on her seatbelt.

"It was pretty cool, nothing like Miami. Maybe because it was only my first day, but it wasn't as wild" I chuckled.

"So, you're from Miami?" She questioned.

"No, Cali girl till I die. I moved to Miami a few years ago though, and that's where I was attending school. Miami is lit as hell, always some fun there" I boasted.

"Really? I've never been anywhere but to Puerto Rico" She laughed.

"Really? I've been just about everywhere, because of my moms job" I told her.

"Like where?"

"Just about anywhere you can think of, except far out countries and Islands" She nodded. "That's hella cool, I wish my family and I traveled like that" I shrugged. "It's honestly not all that, you get tired of flying around after a while, especially when you hate planes the way I do" I voiced prompting her to put her address in the GPS.

"Any cute guys?" She wiggled her eyebrows. I sighed and smiled.

"One.. Xavier? Not sure if you know him, I met him a few days ago at McDonald's, ever since then I'm always mesmerized when I see him. Speaking of him, that nigga tried to kiss me today, I slapped the hell out of him" I frowned.