Chapter 3: New School

Chapter 3 - "New School"

*

*

LOLA

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I swatted my alarm clock, knocking it down to the ground. I groaned staying in bed for a few more seconds. I glanced down at my my clock, it read 6:03AM.

I finally got out of bed going into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face with my apricot face scrub. I wanted my face to feel, and most importantly, look fresh. Afterwards, I jumped in the shower for a short fifteen minutes. Once I was dry, I slid on my Calvin Klein undergarments, and began to re- straighten my hair.

Since it was my first day, I wanted to look more than fly. I wanted to dress in something that spoke my personality.

I felt pretty good about my outfit after adding all the proper accessories. I stood admiring myself in the mirror. Looking at my phone, the time read 7:00AM. "Oh shit" I took a few pictures for Instagram, and gathered my stuff.

@SimplyLola

Your boyfriend really really likes me

Your boyfriend really really likes me.😘😍😭
#Atlanta
#NewSchoolVibes
#I'mReallyPrettyAsf
#AtlantaTakeover

I laughed at my hashtags, sliding on my sweatshirt, I remembered to turn everything off before exiting my room. "I love you, see you later, mom!" I screamed heading outside. Before I could settle in my car, my mom was rushing out of the front door.

"Wait!" I laughed getting out.

"Have a good day baby, be nice" She said kissing my cheek. She handed me a fifty dollar bill.

"Thanks mommy, I love you"

"I love you more. I talked to your counselor, Mrs. Hash. When you get to school, head over to the guidance office. Make sure you talk to her, she'll be helping you out with everything you need" I nodded hugging her once more.

She waved goodbye as I got back into my car. School started at 8:10 and it was already 7:12.

North Atlanta High School, I put it in my GPS and disappeared down the road.

I plugged my phone into the aux cord jamming to the infamous Kendrick Lamar. I was driving for a short fifteen minutes when I spotted a Starbucks, I made a detour, I was in need of a little coffee and breakfast.

"Welcome to Starbucks, order whenever you're ready"

"Can I have a mocha, caramel latte? Extra caramel please, also a double smoked bacon, as well as a cheddar and egg sandwich?"

"No problem, $17.42, pull up to the first window"

I did a happy dance in my seat. I love Starbucks, it's amazing.