Chapter 6

I was pacing out side the pack house for about five minutes; I didn’t really know what I was expecting to do. Every part of me wanted to shout at Lucien and demand answers but I knew at the moment I needed to be with my sister and knowing Lucien he won’t let me out of his sight if he see’s me as an emotional wreck. By now it was quite late and the night was getting cold compared to the hot weather it had been earlier.

‘Sam?’ I spun my head around to face Ruth her beady green eyes were squinted trying to see who I was.

‘Hi’ I managed to croak out, I cleared my throat, I had been focusing on all of my rage that I hadn’t realized how sad I was about the situation.

‘I mean, yes. You okay?’ I asked, my voice sounding less hoarse.

‘Oh I’m good but not as good as you would be feeling right?’ Ruth said with slight anger tracing her words.

‘Look.. I don’t have time to-’ I began but Ruth’s voice cut me off.

‘Lucien huh? He’s your mate?’ She spoke over me, my eyes had adjusted to the dark by now and I could see her blank facial expression clearly.

‘Why are you so angry about it? Okay I could have told you sooner but I mean it has only been three days, I’m still trying to figure things out.’ I spoke.

‘Obviously, the new girl with her now perfect life get’s a perfect mate.’ She slurred, I sniffed the air from her close proximity and smelt a trace of liquor on her breath.

‘Ruth you’re drunk.’ I stated.

‘And you don’t deserve this life! I do!’ She shouted, her eyes were flickering red, she must have consumed a lot of alcohol for her wolf blood to become intoxicated.

‘You are here looking at me in the eyes and telling me that you deserve this life? I’m not going to lie I would never had expected to have Lucien as my mate but he is. Any girl finding their mate no matter who they are deserves it okay!? But when you stand here in front of me drunk I don’t look at you and think she is a girl that deserves someone. No, I just simply think you’re just a reckless person who can’t handle their liquor who deserves to go home and be shouted at by their parents.’ I growled out my words, my wolf was stirring inside of me at any chance of threat when it came to her mate.

‘You want me to go to my parents?’ She slurred back a retort ‘Well at least I know where they are, last I heard yours ran out of town!’ I let out a growl so loud that I’m sure people inside that pack house would have heard.

My wolf couldn’t fight back anymore and I lunged my body onto hers, her body made a thumping sound as it made contact with the ground, winding her while hers cushioned my body from the fall. I placed my hands around her neck allowing my nails to claw out a little from my inner wolf.

‘You’re pathetic.’ I shouted through gritted teeth, her body was squirming beneath me but I was too angry to release her and with her being drunk she wasn’t able to fight back.

Suddenly I felt another presence behind me.

‘Samantha, let her go.’ Lucien’s voice vibrated through the air. His voice still sent shivers down my spine even though I was seeing red.

‘Why should I?’ I asked.

‘You don’t understand, let her go.’ Lucien spoke again but my anger was still so strong that I couldn’t listen to any demands and my wolf was still angry at the fact that Ruth could be a threat to our mate.

‘Let her go!’ Lucien’s voice vibrated through the air with such authority that I suddenly let go of Ruth’s neck and sat on the grass beside her with my head on my knees, I felt so vulnerable and my anger was beginning to slip away.