24

"Have you got everything?" Ashton asked as he was standing in the doorway while watching Luke messily pack his bag.

"Yeah, I think so" Luke mumbled as he tried to fit a pair of shoes in the quite full suitcase.

"Do you have your passport and boarding pass?" Ashton asked again, making Luke lift his head and look at him with wide eyes.

"Shit, I have no idea where my passport is"

"Are you serious?" Ashton asked and chuckled, "You're leaving in 15 minutes, Luke"

Luke sighed and stood up from the floor to frantically search around their bedroom to find his passport. He was on his way to New York with Dan, his boss, to attend a few fancy food fairs to find new ideas for their menu.

Luke was quite hesitant in going first, since he'd be gone for 3 days and he didn't want to leave Ashton and the kids. But then Dan had said that it was a privilege to go, and if Luke did a good job there, they could start talking about a promotion.

Ashton had wanted Luke to go from the beginning, saying that Luke deserved to go away for a few days. But when Luke mentioned that he may become head chef of the restaurant, or in other terms; kitchen manager, Ashton almost forced him to go.

Luke was excited though. Not only would he go to New York, but he would be experiencing something new and something he loved. And he got payed to do so.

"Where is it? I don't know where I put it when we unpacked the boxes," Luke mumbled and checked every corner of the room, "What if it's still at my old apartment?"

"You need to calm down," Ashton said and laughed warmly, "Finish you packing and I'll find your passport for you"

Luke nodded with a stressed frown on his face before going back to packing his suitcase. He had packed way too much unnecessary stuff into his small suitcase, and the fact that it was all just thrown into it made it even worse. But he had no time to unpack it now, so he had to leave it like that.

As he finally managed to close the suitcase, he sighed out in content before walking over to the bed and collected his phone, headphones, book, and boarding pass to have in handy for the flight.

Ashton came back soon and handed him his passport with a grin. Luke sighed out in relief before kissing Ashton's lips and pulled the older boy into his arms.

"So, is there something special you'd like for me to buy you in New York?" Luke spoke softly as he had his arms wrapped around Ashton securely.

"You don't have to buy me anything, Luke" Ashton said and chuckled softly.

"Of course I do. It's your birthday next week, the big 25" Luke said and smirked when Ashton rolled his eyes.

"I'm getting old, aren't I?" Ashton asked, making Luke scoff and shake his head.

"25 is hardly old. It's not even close to being old, so don't complain" Luke said and kissed Ashton's cheek lovingly.

"Says the 21 year old who whines about turning 22. I'm half way to 50 now, Luke" Ashton said and looked at Luke with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better; you don't look a day over 20," he said, making Ashton laugh, "And for being half 50, you're still damn sexy"

"Thank you" Ashton whispered with a grin before laughing and pressed his lips on Luke's again, "And I don't care what you buy for me. You don't have to buy me anything. I'm still counting the apartment as a birthday present and christmas gift"

"You payed for the apartment as well, so that won't do. I'll buy you something nice, you'll see" Luke said and smiled contently before kissing Ashton again.

fatherhood // lashtonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara