Home Is Where You Are

Author's POV

"Come on Juvia, I know you can do a lot better than that." Gray managed to tease the girl despite being breathless himself.

"Juvia was just warming up, Gray-sama" the water mage replied as she gathered a great amount of force into her impending attack.

In one swift motion, Gray attacked the female using his ice hammer without knowing that this was what his opponent was expecting. Juvia quickly let out boiling water, so steamy, it made her possible to sneak across and attack the ice-mage from behind. Gray fell down, his back landing on the dirt as Juvia sat across his stomach with a triumphant grin.

"Hah.. Better luck next time, Gray-sama." The female said while catching her breath

Gray was not yet ready to admit defeat, after all, he still have one more trick up his sleeve. He motioned the female to lean down closer to his face which she gracefully obliged. He then kissed her forehead which made Juvia jolt and stumble off of him. Receiving his desired outcome, Gray immediately made an ice-prison that held the water mage while sighing in defeat.

"Gray-sama is not fighting fair!" Juvia argued and pouted her pink lips. The man before her chuckled, removed the prison made of ice and help his training partner up.

"In real battle, you should grab every opportunity you can get to win the fight." The man announced taking amusement to the pouting face of the girl before him. Juvia didn't utter a word in response and still had her pout. The man sighed and spoke:

"Ok. Ok. I'm sorry. I'll consider this round as your win and wash the dishes later.. And I might say that all this training has really gotten you a lot more stronger.." Juvia's whole demeanor suddenly changed upon hearing the man's statement. She responded with a wide smile and a rapid nod as she cling to the boy's arm while on the way back to their little cottage.

***

"Tonight's dinner will be the turkey we caught earlier along with some boiled sweet potatoes. You go ahead and take a bath while Juvia cooks, Gray-sama" Gray nodded his head and made his way towards the bathroom. During their stay for a couple of months already, Juvia's combat skills isn't the only thing that improved. Her cooking was a lot better too. She managed learning to prepare food very well, since Gray's cooking skills was close to non-existing.

After a warm and satisfying bath, Gray got out of the bathroom and was welcomed by a sweet and savory aroma that made his stomach growl. He entered the kitchen just in time to catch the hot stove from the hand of the struggling female.

"I said it before, haven't I? Don't just carry heavy objects by yourself. You could've just waited for me, you know?" The man scolded the bluenette who looked down at her hands with a dash of pink on her cheeks.

"Aren't you gonna take a bath?" The ice mage added.

"Oh! Right..." The girl rushed to the bathroom leaving the raven-haired man chuckling to himself as he muttered:

"Living with me under the same roof and still getting flustered by a single touch, eh?"

***

Juvia took a nice and relaxing bath. She felt relieved as the warm water washed off the grimes and sweat from today's activity. It was rather fun training with the boy he adored and just sharing every moment with him. The past couple of months were perfection for Juvia. Just mere seeing the ice-mage made her elated in an unexplainable way, what more being alone with him in an isolated cottage every day and every night? Juvia smiled to herself as she wrapped the towel around her damp figure and exited the bathroom to eat dinner.