Sandy.... or is it?

~so sorry for the long wait!!! >.< please forgive me with this new chappy X3~

"So youre tellin me...that since Sandy cant speak...that you just figured you'd teach me control?" I asked North, with one eyebrow raised, as we sat in a plain room, connected to his office.

"That would be correct." he nodded, stroking his beard, he then turned to 3 candles. "now I want you to only light the middle one, its ok if you melt the other's edges for now, but later our focus will be to hone and narrow your control."

I took a deep breath, centering myself, and raised my hand, palm toward the candle, I was about to use fire when North grabbed my heating hand.

"Try just your index finger, it will help you focus on staying small, narrow, and precise. Later we can work on using your whole hand." he stepped back as I nodded eagerly, ready to test how much control I had

I took another breath and pointed my finger, as North instructed.

I centered and grounded myself, almost like meditating and calming my heartbeat. Whenever I usually use my powers its in the heat of battle and instinct and adrenaline is what calls my power, I don't think ive ever used my powers without my life being endangered.

I searched deep inside myself, into the core of my soul and life energy, I found a small flame always bright and filled with life and energy, but beneath it a great powerful energy laid ready to burst forward and destroy.

'but ill fix that, ill learn to control my powers and ill destroy Pitch...'

I opend the gates to my power and it was like a dam being release, power surged forward and gushed out like a sudden burst of gasoline fuel fire. Fire shot out of my fingertop, liquefying all 3 of the candles. I winced.

"It is alright, we will work on this." he set 3 more down. "imagine it like youre easing your power little by little, like climbing into a hot bath tub, if you move to fast youll burn your skin, but if you move to slow youre barely moving at all." he advised, sounding like the old sage he looks like.

I nodded and turned back to my task. I pointed and eased the gates open, in small amounts, like he said. Flames flickered to life, before puffing out. 'Too little....'

I eased some more, and the Flame shot forward, licking the candles, I ceased the connection before they all melted again, 'Ok...too much...'

My struggle with control began.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After several hours later I finally could make a wobbly, flickering ray of fire, flowing out of my fingertip and lite the middle candle. I smiled tiredly, but triumphly and whipped sweat from my forehead and back of my neck.

"ok time for a well deserved break." North smiled, but he eyed me worriedly, even though I had only just accompanied the Guardians, it was common knowledge that I had no control what so ever so starting from scratch after so long of wildly lashing out was a difficult task for me.

"sweet..," I breathed, I was breathing heavily and sweat covered my entire body in a thin layer.

"hey Santa?" I asked tentively after I caught my breath and whipped sweat from my face with a towel North had handed me.

"Yes, Little Red?" he responded, but didn't look up from his tiny piece of wood he had been carving and whittling while I had trained.

"Is...is it possible to like...not have a Center?" I asked, and spoke the last 3 words quickly, spewing them out before I lost my nerve and chickened out.

North paused in mid-knife stroke, and looked up, "Everyone has Center." he answered, as if it answered all the questions of the world.

"I know you told me but what if i'm different?" I asked, chewing on my lip nervously. I wasn't use to having someone to talk to.

"Centers are what makes a person themselves, it is impossible to not have Center... what is the sudden curiosity?" he raised a single white eyebrow at me.

'well its just... im not like you guys. I'm fire, I burn, destroy, and just cause fear, panic, and sorrow. when..." I choked on my words, memories burning my eyes with a strange uncomfortable sensation I hadn't felt in a long time, Tears. "When I was first created... I couldn't touch ANYTHING, everything I touched I burned. I barely scraped together the little control I have by myself..." once I started I couldn't stop, my confession and insecurities poured out of me. "your guys are a team, you help kids and you make them happy. You bring them Christmas, Easter, you save their memories and leave them gifts, you give them good dreams, and snow days and Jack is basically fun itself...but What does fire do? it burns, its uncomfortabling hot, sure for 2 seconds its pretty but the next thing you know an entire forest is gone! Children shy away from me and hide and cry, I cause suffering and pain everywhere!" I cry, anger with myself, my voice shaking as tears pricked my eyes, "I've always been alone, ive made people, especially kids cry and scream, some even for their lives! ive destroyed homes, and peoples lives and its all by accident! I done want to be like this! I want to help, to have kids smile when they hear my name or see my fire... I want to be a good person!" I sob, I felt bare and vulnerable, like my soul was naked, out in the open for everyone to see.

"this... Isn't about your Center...is it?" North asked gentley

I nodded numbly, burying my face in my hands.

"You think...that you can not become Guardian, because of your past? am I correct?" he continued.

I nodded again, slowly lowering my hands to stare and the bright blue eyes of the man who watched me as I fell apart.

"Your past does not write your future. You can control your power, youre progress proves that. This is what we are here for. The Sun choose you because she knew you could do great things, you proved to her before you became a spirit that you are valuable and plenty worthy enough to be Guardian. and I agree. You have good intentions, you admitted to me your mistakes, this shows loyalty, and honesty, and the way you  wish to help the children shows you have a warm heart. No pun intended." he smiled at his lame joke in an attempt to cheer me up, but his serious words prior rang deep inside me.

He was right.

Theres got to be a pretty good reason to create me, and even if I don't see in Sun does, and shes will prove the reason for my existence soon enough, when the time is right.

I smile a little, "Thank you, North. You will never realized how much that helped me." I whispered

"You are welcome, now that we are on the topic, why not end this lesson and head to my office for your next lesson." he set down his carving of a small chipmunk, and offered me a hand to help me to my feet

I smiled and let him pull me up, "im ready."

~well that was deep wasn't it? ok so maybe ill update one more maybe not depends  on how fast I can type.~