Back to the Lair of Evil

~ok so I had this all written down and I was like y not add another for yall so I hope u like the plot is about to pick up ALOT its gonna be like BAM in a few chappys we will be in the climax so im so  exicted and I bet u guys r eager to get on with it so here ya go XD~

A month blurred by, filled with training, training, goofing off with Jack, and oh guess what? MORE TRAINING!!! Me and Jack got closer everyday, quickly becoming best and closest friends, we were nearly inseparable. I had increased my speed 10 fold, and my accuracy had become spot on. I could hit a moving object while I was running at hundreds of yards away. North had begun to teach me sword fighting and me and Jack picked up on it quickly, sparring became our favorite pastime. I soon mastered advanced techniques and was able to best Jack and North at the same time, I could take on at least 3 opponents. But I still struggled with my control over my fire, I can barely hold a small ray for a couple minutes but it was coming along slowly but surely.

Until finally one afternoon North approached us all, Fairy, Jack, Sandy, Bunny, Jack, and I, in the media room.

"It is due time to go back to the Lair and really see what Pitch is planning.'' North said announced, "Tomorrow we will return, so prepare your things for the Journey."

 The dark thoughts still stayed in my mind, Jack knew this and did his best to keep my mind off it. He would make jokes or funny faces to make me smile and laugh, and sometimes it worked and I could stop worrying for a minute, then I would remember being tricked and weakened, and then I would stress again.

Pretty soon, it was the next day and we were heading to the sleigh, and the dark thoughts of doubt closely followed.

What fi you aren't strong enough yet?

What if you fail? Again.

You could hurt Jack

You'll disappoint North

You'll ruin the plan again, just watch

You're the weak link, the weakling, why do you even try

You're no Guardian

You're not a Protector, you're a Destroyer

I shook them away, physically shaking my head and tried to focus on Jack and his joking and silliness. But his face kept bluring out and his voice getting quiet as I burrowed into my self and my worries festered into insecurity.

Even with my worrying, the ride was fun and I did loosen up enough to joke with Jack about Bunny. We laughed, watching Bunny as he clung to the sides, turning green with motion sickness. We had to stop the let him off so that he could throw up, North not wanting vomit on his newly painted sleigh. We, being me and Jack, teased him the rest of the way.

"Hey what shade of green do you think Bunny's face is?" I asked, fake thoughtfulness.

"Could it be forest green?" Jack responded, in a imploring tone.

"Nah, to dark...Pisstachio maybe?" I offered, watching Bunny.

"What about sea-green?"

"No, too much blue, could it be sickly turqoise?"

"That's not even a color!!" Bunny retorted over his shoulder, his head and shoulders leaning over the sleigh's edge, fighting off nausea.

"It can't be neon.." I continued, ignoring Bunny and fighting back a smile.

"Verde possibley?" Jack suggested

"Jack...that's just green in spanish, not a shade." I sweatdropped,

"Same difference...Oh! I know, its barf green!" he grinned like a moron

"Thats not exactly a color, its more of an expression." I stated.

"It is now." Jack leans back and points at Bunny, who threw up over the edge.

"If you get a drop of vomit on my sleigh I will ruin you.: North calls over his shoulder.

"If you both don't shut up I will barf on both of you. And I don't think you'll want that, do you like carrots?" he says in a deadly calm tone

We both shut out mouths and turn away and burst into nervous laughter

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I sneezed for the 5th time since we got out of the sleigh and began our hike to Pitch's lair, a little flame flew from my nose and mouth, but was getting smaller and smaller each sneeze.

"Jeez, you'd think you'd have a resistance or an immunity to the cold, being made of fire and all." Jack laughed at me, passing me his hoodie again. I took it gratefully, giving him a thankful smile. My heat melted the frost that collected on the fabric, it was damp, then dry again by time I put it on. I couldn't put it on fast enough.

"I know right?" I mumbled wrapping my arms around myself, "Dang, it feels colder this time. If that's even possible"

After several hours of trudging through knee height snow, I finally let loose a yawn and a cough-sniffle.

"Tired?" Jack asked, he never left my side the entire hike, catching me when I tripped, and watching for any sign of me passing out.

I nodded stiffly, shivering like crazy, my teeth were even chattering, "I haven't felt this cold since before I died."

Jack gave me a surprised look, but pushed it away, probably mentally making a note to remember to ask me later.

"Here..." He croutched down in front of me and invited me to climb on his back.

"What if I fall asleep again?" I chattered, rubbing my arms.

"I'll keep ya awake with my amazing humor and wit, just get on" He grinned over his shoulder.

I climbed on, he grabbed my legs and I wrapped my arms around his neck lightly, careful as to not to choke him. I rested my head gingerly on his shoulder.

"Hey Jack? Would it be a crime to close my eyes for 5 minutes?" I asked tiredly, exhausten nipped at my legs and back. All I wanted to do was relax without worry.

"I think you'll be fine, you've done a heck of a lot of training, I think you're strong enough to wake up on your own" He nodded, but worry and concern edged his words.

"Cool.." I mumbled, resting my head back down and shut me eyes.

The second I closed my eyes, I wish I hadn't.

~~~I have decided that this book WILL NOT hav a sequel but a novella sorta thing, I can't tell you what its about but its about character who have yet to be introduced. So when I'm done with this story thats the end of Tara and Jack's story, there will be mention and maybe appearances in the novella but not many, itll be about the two characters who will be in the next two or so chapters.

I hope you enjoy :) dont forget to Vote. Comment. and follow me for more stories :) Have a nice day everyone!~~~~