Chapter 2

Disclaimer: I do not own Kuroshitsuji. I only own Elise Emerson.

Warning: Cursing?

A/N: I hope you enjoy this chapter!
.
.
.
.
.
Elise's POV

I grinned as I effectively stole a purse from an unknown Noblewoman. The lady didn't even notice. Poor lady. Not.

I walked into an alley nearby and ran once I was out of the lady's range of sight.

A scream resounded through the air. "My purse! It's gone!" A female voice shouted in horror.

I snickered in glee. The Phantom Thief strikes again! Shouts of horror and panic were everywhere. Geez, it's just a purse. You're rich, get another one...

I hummed as I left the alley. People are still fussing about the 'Phantom Thief'. I've been stealing for the past three days and my reputation as the 'Phantom Thief' has already skyrocket.

"What is all these commotion about?" I turn to the owner of the voice and my eyes widened. Ciel Phantomhive and his Demon butler of a hunk, Sebastian Michaelis.

I smirked. Well, well, well. This is going to be interesting. I didn't expect to meet them here, I hope he's not offended by my little sass the other day.

"What do we have here? My! If it isn't the great Mr I-have-a-stick-up-my-bottom and his rude butler! A surprise to see you here, I say! Came to insult more peasants, hm?"

Ciel scowled. "You." "Yes, me! So very honored you remember such a street rat like me!" I said sarcastically.

"Why are you here?" He asked. "Why, I just came here to window shop and listen to gossips! What else could I possibly do?" I rolled my eyes. If possible, Ciel scowled even more.

"What is all these commotion?" He repeated his earlier question.

"Well aren't you curious, Little Noble?" I inwardly snicker as I saw his lower eyelid twitched while his butler looked amused.

"Don't call me that." "Oh? And why not? It fits your small stature does it not?" I gave him an innocent smile. Which is definitely not innocent.

"You insolent-" "Ah, ah, ah~ A noble must stay calm and never lose his temper. Stay present, stay pleasant, stay proud." I spoke as my mind started playing 'To be a princess' from Barbie Princess and the Pauper.

He glared at me. "Just tell me what's going on."

"What? No please? My, such rudeness!" I faked a gasp.

Sebastian mused as he saw his young master's face turned red with anger.

"P-Please... Tell me what is all these commotion..." He begrudgingly spoke.

"Now, that wasn't so hard was it, Mr Phantomhive?" I smiled.

His eyes widened. "You knew?!" I laughed. "Of course I knew, who wouldn't?"

"Most peasants." "Well, I'm not most peasants. I'm a street rat with education." I mock saluted.

"Bu-" "Now, back to the topic at hand. There has been cases of nobles having their purses and wallets stolen. Such tragedy I say." I used my handkerchief to wipe away the non existent tear in my eye.

"So a theif is going around stealing from nobles? How pathetic." He spat. I inwardly cursed at him. 'Well fuck you too you fucking bastard.'

"Apparently no one has seen this mysterious theif and he was never caught. Obviously. The people around town nicknamed him the 'Phantom Theif'." I send him a strained smile.

"So he was never caught... Interesting. I would like to meet this so called 'Phantom Theif' and see if he is really worthy of the name. Sebastian, interview all the victims and get all the information you can find on this theif." Ciel smirked.

"Yes, my lord." Sebastian bowed and left.

"My name is Elise Emerson. A pleasure to meet you, Earl Phantomhive." I did a small bow.

"Elise... Isn't that a girls name?" He raised his eyebrow.

'He sees me as a boy?!' I then realised. Actually... Pretending to be a boy is quite interesting... I inwardly smirked. I can't wait to see their priceless reactions.

"Ah, my name has a story behind it. You see, my mother wanted a girl and she very much loved god, so she named me 'Elise' which means 'Pledged to God'." I explained. Well, more like made up.

Annnd I just realised I have the same name as Elizabeth. Elise was just a shorter version of Elizabeth afterall.

"How very interesting, Mister Emerson. Thank you for sharing." He gave me an unamused face. Sarcasm evident in his voice.

"But of course, anytime my dear Earl." I said back sarcastically.

"Well then, I should be off then, mother would be worried if I stayed out in town for too long. Especially when a certain boy with a stick up his bottom in here in town." I lied smoothly while I inwardly snickered as I saw his face turn red in anger.

"Farewell, I hope we meet again, Earl Phantomhive." I mock saluted and ran off without looking back.

"Who knew making fun of anime characters was so interesting?" I chuckled.

What I didn't know is, I was being followed by a red eyed demon that would soon change my fate in this anime.

Chapter End
.
.
.
.
.
A/N: This fic will have slow updates cause I'll be focusing more on my KHR fics, hope you'll understand!