Reassurance

Dan ran a hand through his hair, bouquet of roses held in a clammy hand behind his back. Clearing his throat, he rang the doorbell.

A smiley lady opened the door, her cheeks rosy. "Oh, Dan! Hello. How can I help you?" she asked warmly.

"I'm here to see Phil." Dan replied politely. He swore he saw Phil's mum's smile falter a little, and only then did he notice the red rim around her eyes, signalling she had been crying. "I'm so sorry this happened to him. But I think, if you and Phil's friends and I work together, we can sort out this problem; get rid of the bullies." he pledged.

Phil's mother smiled thankfully, and pulled Dan into a hug. "I'm sorry. I've been such a terrible mother," she said shakily. "You must be disgusted with me."

"I'm not disgusted at all, Mrs. Lester. You didn't know the problem was there, so you couldn't have done anything about it. I suppose, with all due respect, you could have handled Phil coming out to you a bit better, but you were shocked; and Phil forgives you anyway." Dan said calmingly. He pulled away and smiled at Mrs. Lester.

She smiled back. "Thank you, Dan. I'm glad you're the boy my son has fallen in love with," she said, before her voice turned serious. "but you treat my baby right, okay?"

Dan gulped and nodded. "Of course. I wouldn't dream of hurting him."

--
Little filler chapter for while I work on the bigger one. 

I'm the worst at updating I'm sorry :(
but thank you all so much for reading.

love you all