chapter eight ;; friends by ed sheeran

phils POV

i never understood the fascination that people had with rain. besides the fact that i spent my rainy days hidden in my home, wrapped up in cozy blankets while my eyes seemed to never leave my front window, witnessing a raindrop race, rain seemed like an unnecessary climate, well other than needing it for water & pretty much all the other necessities of life, rain seemed useless in my eyes.

especially on halloween.

at least, this time, i was sat in one of the undergrounds.

i wouldnt usually spend my halloween like this. for the past twenty-two years of my life, at this time in the early morning, id probably already be up, watching some halloweentown or some other classic, but since the wifi was complete crap in the underground, i was squished between a pregnant woman [ or at least i hope shes pregnant ] & a little boy dressed in a superman costume, while playing angry birds.

three grocery bags were placed at my feet, filled with some halloween sweets & my favourite horror movies.

i hope dan likes these.

my eyes would occasionally lift from my intense game of angry birds, in hopes of my stop leading up soon & eventually, i got off the train.

my hands clutched onto the plastic bags, tight enough for my knuckles to turn white.

my body shook slightly, my eyes closing for a brief moment before scrabbling out of the station, into the rainy town.

after hauling down a taxi & telling the man my directions, i sat in the back of the car, tapping my fingers against my phone screen.

memories of the skype call with dan raced through my mind, making me hold back a smile in fear of the driver catching a glimpse of me smiling at nothing.

during the video chat, just like i told him, we exchanged numbers & after multiple questions of why i also wanted his sisters number, he gave it to me.

vivian & i chatted for about a week & after she regained my trust [ probably after i sent her a video of me saying "i love daniel james howell," just making sure i wasnt catfishing her, honestly surprised she even knew what that was ], she asked her mom that maybe, i could visit their home on halloween, she agreed [ after making it very obvious that she was going to supervise ], vivian gave me their address.

i was nervous enough already, but when the driver stopped & said that
this was my destination, i was more nervous than ever.

my knees shook & my breathe hitched as i made my way to the front door, my eyes shutting as i raised my hand to knock.

after taking about a million deep breaths, i finally got the courage to knock.

but all my courage seemed to disappear as i heard the door unlocking.

dan howell was literally standing right in front of me.

my eyes widened once they met with dans & god, he was even prettier in person.

"my webcam does not give you any justice," dan spoke, his voice soft.

before i knew it, my arms were wrapped around his neck, his
hands resting in the small of my back, "happy halloween."

i could feel dans cheek lift up against my neck, cuing that he was probably smiling. the soft friction of our skin brushing together made a soft smile appear on my face.