Chapter 9

Julie's outfit #4------->

Reality Show Lovers 

Chapter 9 

I've never been to a lot of parties. 

I've been invited to a fair number, but I didn't feel like going.

And if I ever did come to parties, I had one problem; I didn't know how to dress. 

For some strange reason I told Patty about Finn's party. She said she already knew about it, and she told me that she’ll send Lucio to come to my house Friday night. I said I didn't need all the help, but she instead hired a make- up team for me! If this was any usual party, I would not want the make- up. But the paparazzi already think we're a couple, and I have to look good in the public.

Wow. 

Here was the conversation we had via text: 

Julie: Hi Patty, there's a party in Finn's place on Friday night. I just wanted to tell you.

Patty: I already know about that, dear! Lucio is coming by your house on Friday night to pick an outfit.

Julie: Oh, okay. That's great. Thanks.

Patty: Don't go anywhere else, okay? I also sent a make- up team for you.

Julie: Why? I can do that by myself. I have friends who can help me. 

Patty: Of course you need the help. And the team will gladly do your friends' make- up, too. This is Finn's party, and the paparazzi will be watching you. You might even end up in The Fashion Police! 

Julie: Fine. I know... Wait, what's The Fashion Police? 

Patty: You don't know?! Dear, The Fashion Police is a show on E! with fashion critics who comment on celebrities' outfits. 

Julie: Is that bad?

Patty: It depends. But often they insult you, and make fun of your outfit and your reputation. It's frightening to some. And since your new, it's best to already have a good image. 

Julie: Wow. Okay. I'll keep that in mind. 

Patty: And since you're the daughter of one of the world's power couple, you have to show a good image, right? 

I didn't reply to that. I already knew the truth. 

Today is another day of shooting. Eric said we might finish the first episode in just two more days. He said that the shooting was pretty fast, considering the fact that this was only day two. 

"So, first we shoot you in your Math class. You and Finn will be in the class, and it's the perfect time since you two really are in the same class," Eric tells me as I was having my make- up done. 

I was already a star. What I mean by that is I already have my own set chair that said 'Julie Rivers' printed on the back. Finn has his own, too. We spent the whole morning sitting on it while watching with Eric the scenes we filmed from yesterday. 

I nod. "Do we have to participate in class?" I ask him, crossing my legs together. 

Please not... Please not. 

"Yes, definitely." 

I groan. "Really, Eric? I have to?" I ask, not really liking the idea. I was sometimes shy, and I didn't like getting involved during class discussions. Every time I answer in class, my face goes all red. And my voice seems to change, too. I have no idea why, though. I think it's because all the attention directed towards me makes my body change.