Chapter 6

Julie's outfit #2------->

Reality Show Lovers 

Chapter 6 

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" someone chants continuously. Niles.

I sleepily sit up from my bed and stretch my body upwards. Then I wipe my eyes and glance at my alarm clock on the bedside table. 

6: 30 a.m. 

I groan. "Niles, why are you waking me up now? I have more than an hour 'til school," I croak out, followed by a yawn. I slip under the covers once again, but Niles rips off the blanket. 

"Ughhhh...." I say, covering my face with my hands. "Why are you doing this?" 

"Two things," he starts to say. "One, Lucio told me to get you dressed with one of the outfits he chose and two, you have an early meeting with Patty and Finn." 

I perk up immediately. "What? Why Finn?" I ask. 

Niles shrugs. "I'm not so sure," he says. "But Patty told me she needs to lecture the both of you about your public appearances." 

I sigh heavily. I stretch out my arms towards Niles and he happily pulls me off the bed. 

"Come on," he says, placing a hand on my back. "It's time to get ready for your first day of shooting." 

I take a long shower, letting the hot water run through my body. This is going to be a long day and this is probably the only quiet time I will be having. Maybe not just today, but for a very long time. I can't help but fear the sleepless nights and the tiresome work I'll be having. It makes me worry, because I'm scared that it will turn me into something I'm not. 

I step out of the shower and slip on a white bathrobe. As I run my fingers through my wet hair, I take a look at myself in the mirror. Boy, I changed overnight. 

My hair is shorter, and now a slightly lighter shade of brown. My skin is glowing and smooth as a product of all the waxing, shaving and scrubbing I've been through the past day. I look brighter, different.. changed. 

It's not a bad thing, though. I love the fact that I don't look like my usual, boring self but I hate long processes. And not to mention change. It took four hours to make me look like this. Lucio first lectured me about smart fashion choices and laid out ten different outfits for me. He told me to use them for the following days. If I used them all, I needed to pick an outfit that had the same 'theme' he had. Then he and Patty dragged me to the spa and the salon. Overall, it took five hours and not four.

But change was the thing that bothered me the most.  

I step out of my posh bathroom and see Niles holding up the first outfit Lucio prepared for me. It was a white tank top, denim shorts and red sneakers. I am a fan of shorts, but it looks too revealing for my taste. 

I shake my head at him. "No, I am not wearing that," I say, walking away. 

"If you don't wear this now or ever, Lucio might take you shopping," he cuts me off. "And I know you, Julie. You hate shopping with anyone who isn't me." 

I stop dead in my tracks and spin around to face him. 

"Or your mother will take you. Do you want that?" he says smugly, a mischievous grin on his lips. He was tricking me. He knows that I hate it when I shop for so long. And he knows that I hate it when people splurge on me. 

I sigh and snatch the outfit from him. 

"Very smart, Niles," I tell him. "Very smart." 

I dress up quickly, eager to know how I look. I rush out of my closet and look at myself in the mirror.