Gang Wars

“Cathy! I’m gonna go grab a sandwich from that shop down the street. Do you want anything?” I called to my friend, and co-worker. Cathy Yake.

“No thanks! I’m good for now. But hurry back it’s almost one, you know how busy we get then.”

“Kay!” I work in a bank in Missouri. We get waaay busy at one in the afternoon usually. Sometimes it lasts until we close. I grabbed my purse out from underneath my desk and walked to the front door and onto the sidewalk.

I quickly walked down the street to a new sandwich shop that I’ve already decided is my new favorite. They make awesome BLT’s and the guy who owns it isn’t that bad looking either.

The door dinged as I opened it and stepped inside, smelling bread being made. “Welcome!” A familiar male voice sang.

“Why hello.” I said and walked up to the counter. “I want the regular.”

“Two BLT’s no tomato?”

I smiled. “Yup. And two waters.” Why two sandwiches? Because even though Cathy said she didn’t want anything, I know she does. I looked at the guys name tag. “Thanks Jeff.”

Jeff smiled and told me the price. I handed him the money and waited for my order.

A minute later Jeff handed me the food and I took it and left. I walked back to the bank and opened the door. We weren’t busy yet. I walked behind the bank teller counters and called for Cathy. “Oh Cathy!”

Her head appeared around the corner. “What my sing song friend?”

I giggled and handed her a sandwich. “Here ya go.”

“You enjoy making me feel guilty don’t you?”

“Every second of it.” I smiled and went to my desk to eat my delicious sandwich!!!

I had just finished eating when a large gaggle of people came in through the front doors of the bank. I looked over at Cathy who’s eyes looked like they were going to fall out. “Cathy, it happens every day. Don’t get so freaked out about it.”

“I know, I just get really worried that I’m going to screw up.”

I shook my head at her then turned my attention to the man at my bank teller window. “Can I help you sir?”

He nodded. “Could you deposit this for me? And I ran out of checks, could I get an order in for more?”

I handed him a deposit slip. “Could you fill this out for me?” Then I handed him an ordering form for checks. “And this is an order form when you’re done just give it to me or put it in that order box other there.” I said pointing to a metal box hanging on the wall with ORDER FORM on it in bright red.

The man finished the deposit slip and handed it to me along with the money. I deposited it and as I turned around I noticed the man had finished his order form. I took it from him. “Anything else sir?” I asked politely.

“No thanks.”

“Alright. Have a good day sir.” I smiled as he turned to leave.

I looked to my left to see Cathy quickly working through tons of customers. I also saw my other 6 co-workers frantically trying to work through their own line of customers.

Then I turned my attention to an old man standing in front of me. “Can I help you sir?” I said my lines.

“Young lady, I was just wondering if you have a restroom I could use.” The man said with a sheepish smile.

“Why yes sir, it’s left of the front doors.” I told the man, pointing to where he needed to go.

“Thank you.”