Chapter 10

"Novia! Wake up!" Andrew yelled. I sat up and yawned.

"Hi," I said sleepily.

"Here," he said. I took the sunglasses and put them on along with the hoodie.

"I bought a first aid kit too. Let me fix you up." When he was done, I stood up and followed him into town. We walked into a shopping mall and wandered into a JC Penny. I was looking for clothes with Andrew when a woman who worked there walked up.

"Hi, do you guys need anything?" she asked. I shook my head.

"No, we're just looking," I said smiling sweetly.

"Why are you two all wet?" she asked curiously. This damn woman was nosy.

"Oh, you know the cliffs a few miles away?" I asked. She nodded. "Yeah, I accidentally fell into the water and he jumped in after me." I wrapped an arm around Andrew's and beamed up at him. "Then we got locked out of our car and we had to call Triple A and they said they'd meet up here. So we're just shopping in the meantime." She nodded.

"Okay, bye!" she said. I sighed and let go of Andrew's arm. I looked at the t-shirts and grimaced.

"I don't like being a woman," I muttered, "These days, there are too many things being revealed. If I wanted people to see my bra, I'd run around without a shirt." He snickered.

"Poor women," he drawled. I smacked his arm.

"The struggle is real!" We both laughed. I picked out a not-see-through shirt in a few different colors and some shorts and jeans. I went to the women's shoes and picked out a pair of rainbow high-top Converse. I walked around the store and picked out hair-ties, hair brushes, and other things.

I met up with Andrew and we checked out together after a long time of picking things out. The galaxy backpack I picked out held all of the clothes and things I picked out perfectly. We walked out of town back to where I was taking a nap. I put my backpack down and pulled a new change of clothes and underwear. Before Andrew had a chance to turn around, I pulled my shirt over my head. He blushed and covered his eyes.

"I'm-uh-sorry," he stuttered turning around.

"I honestly don't care," I said putting on a blue shirt. I took off my bra under my shirt and put on a new one. I got done changing and it was Andrew's turn. I turned around and tried to brush the ends of my hair. After not brushing my hair for many years, it was insanely tangled. When I finished brushing my hair, I pulled it up in a ponytail.

"Where to next?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Maybe we can get some food," he said. I nodded.

"Yeah, we should make our way to Oregon. We need Xavier's money." We walked back into town and Andrew bought food from a Safeway. I had to refrain myself from biting into the bag of marshmallows. We walked out of town and walked down the paved road with me eating marshmallows.

"Can I have some?" Andrew asked.

"Mine," I hissed. He looked down at me and reached for the bag. I screamed and slapped his hand away.

"Ow!"

"No! Bad! Mine!" I growled at him and ate the unhealthy things.

It grew dark soon. I sat up, while Andrew went to sleep. I wasn't tired. I watched the moon rise and switch with the sun. I looked down at the sleeping body next to me. I nudged it with my foot. The man stirred and looked up at me.

"Did you go to sleep at all?" he yawned. I shook my head.

"No, I wasn't tired. Besides, I've experimented in prison. I can stay up for about three weeks." He sat up.

"What happened?"

"I passed out. The thing was, I wasn't affected in a way like normal humans are. I didn't feel the effects until the very last night." I stood up and stretched. I winced in pain as I looked down and saw the bullet wound open up. I growled and sat back down.

"Novia, let me look," Andrew ordered. I lifted up my shirt to give him a good look. He pulled out some supplies and bandaged the wound.