Prologue

Prologue

Have you ever wondered why things happen? Like if it was for a reason? If you have, then you'll understand where I'm coming from. You'll understand the steps I took to understand, and to Regain what is rightfully mine.

My mum.

She stood there with her mouth gaping. This was it; the moment of truth. Darcy had finally found her mum, after six months of traveling incognito (which was very hard considering the thought of being the daughter of Harry Edward Styles.) The clues had been right, every single one. All of the video footage, and camera snapshots. Every. Last. Piece.

Her hair had been dyed a light reddish brown. "Personally, it doesn't suit her, but oh well," Darcy thought.

The woman spotted Darcy, and she instantly started tearing up. She knew that Darcy was her daughter, but that wasn't why she was crying. She was crying because she knew Darcy shouldn't be there.

"Mum," she hollered with excitement in her voice. Her feet started carrying her to her mother when she held up a hand. Sharissa shook her head and simply walked away into the crowded subway. The one moment, one moment in ten years, that she finally finds her mum, she tells her no. "Why," she screams after her. "Why."