Consequences

Christopher comes out of the bathroom. "Is she up?" he asks with a irritated expression. "is who up?" I ask, confused about what he was talking about and the sudden change in his mood. "Uh, our daughter... is she awake??"

"Our what??"
"Our daughter,"

"Drew??" I woke up to Christopher shaking me. "Is she awake?" I ask, confusingly. "Is who awake?" He responds. It must have been a dream. Thank god it was a dream. I feel butterflies in my stomach. Maybe what we did was a mistake? I began to feel scared and anxious. What if I do get pregnant? "No one, sorry. How long was I asleep?"

"A few hours. I have to go get Sage. Do you want me to drop you at home?" He asks me. "No, I want to take a shower before I go. I'll just drive myself home."

"Ok, call me later. I love you Drew." He kisses my forehead. "Yeah, I love you too," I tell him. He leaves out of the room and then I hear the front door shut. I get up and go into the bathroom, looking at myself. Wow I look a mess. I take off my clothes and get into the hot shower. When I get out of the shower, I get dressed and gather my things. On the way out I pass a picture of Asia holding a baby and Chris standing next to them. I guessed the baby to be Sage. Wow. When they took this I was in like the 7th grade. I start to think maybe I'm taking something from Asia that I have no business having myself. 

I sigh and pick up my things, leaving the house. Since Chris's house is in the same neighborhood as mine is, I pull into my driveway less than two minutes later. I walk in the door to see my mom sitting on the couch in the family room. I try to keep walking but she stops me. "Come in here please," I come into the family room.

"Where were you?" She asks calmly. SHIT. I forgot I told her I was just eating dinner at a friends house. "I'm sorry. I ended up spending the night," I tell her, knowing that won't be the end of it. "And not calling to tell me or even answering the phone when I call??" She starts to get angry. "Yes mom, I'm sorry that I forgot. Plus I turned my phone off so I didn't see any of your calls."

"What friend's house were you at?" She asks. "Jessica," I blurt out before I have the chance to think it through. "You know, you're pushing it with your birthday coming up and all. I have no problem canceling whatever plans you have and having you sit in this house. Don't you ever do that again, do you understand?"

"Yes ma'am," I say, walking to my room with an ashamed look. Mostly because I had been so stupid. I'll be more careful next time. Normally I would just tell her. "Mom I had sex last night." But, I don't want to risk Christopher. I don't know how she would react to the fact it's him and I don't know if I wanna risk finding out.