Secrets

Jason left Nico to comfort Jake.

To Jason's dismay Chiron had already sent the Demi-gods to their cabin's but thankfully "Don't worry I counted. Everybody apart from three kids was here.

"Three?" Jason asked, eyes widening.

"Jake, Will and Travis Stoll"

Jason's eyes widened, Travis Stoll, what the...?

"Jason, you can't seriously-" Chiron started to say, Jason shook his head "I'm not but it doesn't hurt to find out where he was"

"True" Chiron agreed, reluctantly. 

He walked quickly towards the Hermes Cabin. The Hermes children where just getting back inside, some arguing over some equitment that looked familiar.

Chiron sighed "Ethan, Kiaron, where did you get those weapons from"

Kiaron gulped "Um..."

Jason clapped his hands, bringing everyones attention to him.

"Does everyone know where Travis Stoll is?" He demanded.

Kiaron spoke up, confused "He didn't tell Chiron?"

Chiron blinked "What?"

Ethan said "He left an hour before you called that meeting, said he was going to meet a friend but I thought he would have asked and told you first"

"He didn't" Chiron said grimly.

"Wheres Conner?" Jason asked quickly.

"His in the training area" One of the demigods piped up.

Without looking at Chiron, Jason rushed out, towards the training area.

He got there, watching a number of demi gods sparring against others. Within them Jason finally spotted Conner sparing against a Aris kid, doing suprisingly well, keeping his own.

"Conner!" Jason shouted.

Conner jolted in suprise. The Aris kid sneered and didn't miss the opputunity to cut deep into his shoulder. Conner swore.

"Oops" Jason muttered.

Conner landed on his bum.

"I win" The Ares kid laughed.

"That wasn't fair and you know it" He grumbled, standing up.

"No fight is fair" The kid answered, shrugging.

"Hey, sorry about that" Jason butted in.

Conner eyed him up and down. Crossing his arms as he asked "What do you want?"

"Do you know where Travis went?"

"Why?" Conner asked, narrowing his eyes at Jason.

Jason sighed "Look I just need to talk to him, please-"

"The deaths were making his feel ill and anxious. So he left for a couple of days. He should be back soon. Son of Hermes aren't easily spotted by monsters" He huffed, though still looked defensive.

Jason frowned "But I heard-"

"He lied. Didn't want them to think he'd gone soft, okay, you done?!" Conner sniped.

"Thank you" Jason said though wincing a little at Conner's tone. He knew Conner blames the Romans as well for the deaths, his dislike for Jason was well known but it wasn't as bad as Clarisse, thankfully then he walked away, leaving Conner to continue sparring.

"Well?" Chiron asked, later in the evening. Jason was staring into the fire, not looking like he was going to leave any time soon.

"Conner doesn't have anything to do with the murders but.."

"But...?"

"His hiding something. That I'm sure of" Jason said.

He was sure of it.