Chapter 6

"Well would you look at that." A voice says, interrupting my sleep. I snuggle in closer to Newt's warm body. He puts his arm around me.

"You shank stop watching them sleep." Another voice says.

Morning babe. Newt says. Somehow I can hear his sexy morning voice even in my head.

You think my morning voice is sexy?

I forgot you can read my mind. And by the way, yes I do. I say

Well that's nice to know. Who the shuck is bloody watching us sleep though? He asks, still never opening his eyes. I keep my eyes closed to.

They obviously want to see something. I say.

Then let's give the something to see. He says. I open up my eyes to see him smirking. He gets up and pulls me to my feet. I lean in to kiss him and he kisses me back. His hands find my hips and pull me closer to him than I though possible. I run my hands through his bed head hair. I feel a bulge in his pants and I'm strangely satisfied. I softly bit his bottom lip, something I found he can't resist. He moans into my mouth and I smirk against his lips. A cough behind us causes us to end the kiss. Newt shifts on his feet awkwardly and discreetly adjusts his pants.

What's wrong with you? I ask.

Well you kind of caused a little problem. He says

What do you- wait. Sorry. I say realizing what he means.

Don't worry about it love. I don't mind it one bit. But let's not let Minho find out ok? He says smirking

Ok I agree, a blush rising to my cheeks.

"You guys are talking in your heads aren't you?" Minho says. He looks annoyed

"What do you mean?" Thomas asks

"You'll find out soon enough." Minho says. It's time for the Gathering where we tell everyone what we can do. Minho let me take a nap after my first day as a runner so I could get some energy back for this.

You ready? Newt asks

I guess so. I say as he takes my hand and leads me downstairs.

We walk to the place where the bonfires are held so every glader can come.

"Ok give you attention to Logan and Newt. They have something to tell you." Alby says.

"Is she pregnant?" Someone calls out.

"No I'm not pregnant! Why does everyone think that?" I ask defensively.

"Logan and I can communicate telepathically." Newt says.

"Prove it." Alby says looking at us in disbelief. "Logan come with me to the med-jacks office and then one of you shuck faces tell Newt something. Logan will tell me what you said." He takes my arm and leads me to Clint's office.

Blake the runner thinks you're hot when you run. And every other time to. Newt says.

"Pervs." I mumble.

"What?" Alby asks.

"Nothing. Let's go." I say. We walk back to the crowd of Gladers.

"Thanks I guess Blake." I say. The crowd explodes with laughter and Blake's face turns red.

"Can it work the other way around to?" Someone asks

"Yeah. Come with me Newt. We're gonna do the same thing but she'll talk to you." Alby says, already taking Newt to where I was before.

"What do you want me to tell him?" I ask, turning to face them.

"Tell him you want to shuck him." Someone says.

"No." I say simply.

"Tell him you love him." Chuck says. He's only 12-13 years old. It's so cute.

I love you. I say.

That's really what they told you to say? He asks

No they told to say I want to shuck you but I said I wasn't saying that. I hear him audibly laugh from the med-jacks office.

"Love you to babe!" He yells

When he reaches me he whispers in my ear. "I would like to shuck you to." He smirks at me.

Someone near us heard what he said and they whistled at us. My face heats up and I smack his arm.

You know you want to. He says. He does a weird dance with his eyebrows.

You know me so well. I say as I wink at him. His eyebrows shoot up.

I want to kiss you so bad right now. He says

The feeling is mutual. He smirks at me

"STOP! Just talk out loud! You look insane!" Minho says.

"I agree. Please tell us what you were saying." Alby says.

"You don't want to know." I mumble

"Gross." Minho says.