Rainy Days

Roy's POV
I slipped off my black coat and picked up Ed. I wrapped him up in my coat and walked towards Havoc, holding Ed. "Havoc, report to Lieutenant Hawkeye." I ordered.

"Should I find a car after?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No. It's faster if we walked." I replied. Havoc nodded and explained to Hawkeye our situation. After, Havoc and I began walking back. 'Will I lose him to?' I thought. We got to Central Command and Hawkeye was there. We walked towards her.

"Sir. Should I call a doctor?" She asked. "No. You will not." I stated. She nodded.

"Here Sir, I can take Ed-"

"Don't touch him." I said. I turned to Havoc and repeated myself. "Don't touch him. Nobody will lay a finger on him. Understand?" I asked. They nodded.

"Ye-Yes Sir." Hawkeye stammered. We walked inside the building. Since I was holding Ed, I couldn't open the door.

"Hawkeye open the door please." I asked. She nodded and opened the door for me. I stepped inside and walked towards the bed in the room.

"Sir, I have dry clothes for Ed." Hawkeye explained. I nodded. She handed them to me and I grabbed them. After, Hawkeye and Havoc stepped out of the room. I slipped off Ed's red, black and white coat. As I was changing Ed's clothes, I noticed a bruise. I took a closer look at it.

"No wonder why he has a fever. He has an infection. Damn idiot. He let the infection grow worse." I muttered. I finished changing Ed, and walked out.

"Hawkeye, call a doctor. Edward has an infection. The situation is out of our hands now." I ordered. She nodded. I walked back into Ed's room.

'When did I stop calling him Fullmetal..?' I thought. I sat down on the chair near his bed.

Ed's POV
I slowly opened my eyes and I turned my head to look around the area I was in. From what I could see, I was in a room. The resting room I think. I wasn't sure. I decided to try and sit up.

"Oh, your awake." Said a voice. I looked at the direction of the voice, and saw Mustang.

"Ye-Yeah..." I muttered. He was leaning against the window and had his arms crossed, like he was angry.

"What?" I asked. Mustang walked towards me. Well, more like a chair next to my bed.

"Mind telling me how long you were gonna your infection a secret?" He asked. I looked at him in confusion. Infection? What?

"What are you going on about Bastard?" I asked. He looked at me.

"Don't play dumb Ed. You know I hate when people act that way." He snapped. I was utterly lost.

'Wait a minute. That's why I was scratching my shoulder so much....' I thought. I looked at him.

"Mustang, I had no idea about the infection. I swear." I explained.

"I didn't really notice it was there." I added.

"Edward, why didn't you check? You let it get so bad, you passed out in a telephone booth!" He exclaimed. I sighed.

"Sorry geez. I get it. For now on I have to be careful." I grumbled. Suddenly, Mustang had pulled me towards him in a hug.

"I thought I was gonna lose you." He said gently. I didn't respond, and just hugged him back.

"I should get going Mustang. Al's probably worried about me." I said. As I pulled away, Mustang looked at me with a pained expression.

"Go Fullmetal." He murmured. I nodded and left the room. Outside, Hawkeye was waiting for me.

"Get in Ed. I'll take you back." She declared. I nodded and stepped in.

"You know, the Colonel was really scared. He'll never admit it but the emotion was there." Hawkeye said softly. I nodded in reply. "He's afraid of losing people. You know, since it's close to his death." She added. Suddenly, it made a lot of sense. Before I knew it, tears were trailing down my face.

'I messed up. I'm such an idiot.'