Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine

JANE

SIX MONTHS LATER…

                  Everyone had finally arrived at the church and the wedding was soon to start. I was relieved because my dress was quite uncomfortable. My dad passed by me, squeezed my hand, and gave me a smile. I heard the music fill the church and knew it was time. I walked down the isle and stood in my rightful place. I then watched as my dad walked down. He was smiling broadly and I knew this was one of the happiest moments of his life. He walked comfortably toward the front. Toward the minister.

Toward Trudy.

                  Trudy was a vision in white. Her dress had a long train and swished when she walked. She was perfect for my dad and I welcomed her as a stepmother. We would be a big, happy family again. I was Trudy’s only bridesmaid, just as Dave was my father’s only groomsman. Although my purple, satin dress was uncomfortable, I wore it with pride because Trudy had picked it out. She said it would look great against my blonde hair. It did. Dad and Dave both wore tuxedos and looked dashing. I looked toward the crowd and saw Finn looking at me with his signature smirk. He dramatically looked at me up and down and wiggled his eyebrows. I couldn’t help but laugh. Once and flirt, always a flirt.

                  Finn and I were taking our relationship slowly. I was Finn’s first serious relationship, and we didn’t want to rush things. We had moved in together two months ago, and things were going marvelously. Besides leaving the toilet seat up, Finn was a fairly clean person and was easy to live with. We still fought, but we now knew how to handle our differences. He would always be jealous. I would always be too nice. He was my everything and I loved him.

                  After the ceremony, Finn found me at the reception hall. He came up behind me and put his hands around my waist. I blushed because we were in such a public place, but Finn didn’t mind.

                  “You look beautiful. I can’t wait to get home and get that dress off of you. We’ll have a little ceremony of our own,” he whispered into my ear. I didn’t have to see his face to know he was smiling.

                  “I’m sure you can’t,” I said bluntly, but with a smile. I had come to enjoy Finn’s sexual comments. Although they were sometimes inappropriate, it was nice to know that he still found me as attractive as the first time he met me.

                  I spun around in his arms and we danced together on the dance floor. All eyes were on us, but I didn’t mind. I rested my head on Finn’s chest and wished that I could stay in this moment forever. I had come a long way since Cynthia’s wedding. The quiet bridesmaid had completely transformed into a confident woman. A woman who was completely lost in love.

THE END.