Chapter Twenty-Five and Twenty-Six

Hello, lovers! Thanks so much for the support for my last chapter! All of my fans are amazing and I want you to know that I DO look on your profiles and read your info. Apparently, I have a lot of Australian fans! That’s so cool! Keep reading you guys! Vote, Comment, and Fan! Love you all! -MKate

Chapter Twenty-Five:

FINN

                  I couldn’t get away from Jane. When I was in a room alone, I would hear her voice or her laugh. It was almost like she was haunting me, but in a good way. I constantly wondered what she thought of me, and when she was around other guys, my jealousy was uncontrollable. I wanted her for my own. I had never had these kinds of feelings for someone before, and I was utterly confused. What was going on with me? Why had I suddenly turned into this weak man? I tried to play off my feelings in front of Jane by acting like I just wanted to screw her, but I wanted more than that. But, I would never admit that. It would make me look weak, and I was NOT going to be weak. Last night at the bar, Jane had completely ignored me. I wasn’t used to being ignored by women. What had I done wrong? She had said that she wasn’t interested in a relationship, so maybe she was just fulfilling her wishes by seeing other men. I had said the same thing. Why couldn’t I follow through on my own words?!  

                  I woke up to a silent penthouse suite. After the wedding, Cynthia and Grant had gotten their own room on another floor, so I had the suite for the rest of the stay. Suddenly, I felt inconsolably lonely. Grant now had Cynthia, but who did I have? No one. Who wanted me? Based on Jane’s actions last night, no one. But I knew who I wanted. I wanted Jane. I wanted to be the only one she thought about. I wanted to tell her that she was entirely too beautiful to waste her life thinking about how Josh dumped her. I WOULD be that guy. I would just have to show her another side of me. If she would give me a chance, I would take her to the Business Associates Banquet in L.A. when we got back. The fancy banquet was held every year to recognize a circle of businesses on the west coast. Jane and Cynthia’s store was so successful that it was recognized every year as a “small-business wonder”. My father’s company was also recognized. If I took her as my date, she might see another side of me. I would have to ask her soon. I didn’t want anyone else to beat me to it.

                  Suddenly, I heard a knock on my door. I said a small prayer in my mind, hoping It was a certain person.

                  “Hello, Finn. You left this at the bar last night,” Jane said as she handed me my dinner jacket. I took it awkwardly.

                  “Thanks. I was hoping to talk to you today,” I said timidly.

                  “Really? Well, we can talk now if you want,” she replied smoothly. I stepped aside so she could come in. We sat on the couch in the living room.

                  “Well, I was just wondering why you were acting that way yesterday.” I asked nervously. I didn’t want her to get mad.

                  “What way?” She replied, but not in a mean tone.

                  “Just really flirty and confident. It didn’t seem like you. I was just wondering why you changed all of the sudden.”

                  “Well, you said you weren’t looking for a relationship, and I said I wasn’t either. I’m keeping my options open,” she replied. I was flooded with jealousy. I didn’t want her to keep her options open. I wanted her to wish for me. A heavy silence fell between the two of us. The air seemed thick and we were suddenly very close on the couch. I looked at her and she looked back at me with intense eyes. I quickly leaned forward and attacked her lips. I needed her. We quickly stripped each other’s clothing and I kissed her everywhere on her soft body. Swiftly, I pulled my lips from hers and looked at her beneath me on the couch.

                  “I really do like you, you know,” I said, out of breath.

                  “Me too,” she replied, her voice husky. Then, I thrust myself into her and we picked up a quick rhythm. I was encouraged by her loud moans. We continued all over the penthouse. On the floor. On the dining room table. Against a wall. We stayed there all day. After a round in the bedroom, I lay next to her, catching my breath as she did the same. I looked over at her and remembered something that I had wanted to ask her.

                  “Hey, Jane?”

                  “Yeah,” she replied.

                  “You know that Business Associates Banquet coming up?”

                  “Uh huh,”

                  “Well, I was thinking maybe you could go with me. Like as my date,” I mused. After the connection we had, I knew she wouldn’t turn me down.

                  “Oh, Finn. I’m so sorry. I already told Dexter, the stock-room guy at the store that I would go with him. He asked me before I met you,” she replied, her voice heavy with regret. Anger suddenly surged through me.

                  “Well, just blow him off and come with me. You won’t have fun with him anyway,” I replied confidently.

                  “I could never do that! Dexter is what you could call “socially-challenged” and he never talks to girls. He would be crushed if I cancelled on him. I can’t do that to him, Finn. You understand that, right?”

                  I wanted to not be mad at her, but I couldn’t. I didn’t want to share her. I didn’t care who this Dexter was. To me, he was another guy getting in the way between Jane and me. I sat up.

                  “That’s the dumbest excuse. This Dexter can get over it.”

                  “You know what?” Jane asked, her voice rising in anger, “Maybe I should just leave.”

                  “Maybe you should,” I replied. Jane got up, got dressed and stormed out of the room and out of the penthouse. She was being ridiculous. Why couldn’t she just go with me? Why did she have to think about everyone else so much?! She should think of herself and go with someone she wanted to be with. I rolled over and fell asleep, full of resentment and anger.

Chapter Twenty-Six:

JANE

The rest of the trip went by swiftly. The next thing I knew, I was on a plane flying home to L.A. I was glad to leave Jamaica. I would forever associate it with my turbulent relationship with Finn. I hadn’t spoken to him since that night in his room. I wasn’t surprised that he was jealous of Dexter. I was truly sorry that I couldn’t go to the banquet with him, but I couldn’t let Dexter down. I had given him so much confidence by saying yes to him.

I pulled up in front of my house and unloaded my things, glad to be home. I slept soundly that night, tired from all the emotional drama that Cynthia’s wedding had put upon me.