Locked Out of Heaven

"Is this about your secret?" He said.

"Well... sort of." I struggled.

"Okay, then why can't you tell me?" He said.

I didn't say a word, my mind was racing. All of the dangers and risks I'd be taking on if I told him. He thought he already knew, but what I had told him was a far simpler story than the truth. What he knew was just a cover up.

Matt sat down on the couch and patted his lap, gesturing me to come sit with him.

"Uh, I think I'm going to go for a run to clear my head babe." I lied.

"Aw, baby come on. Talk to me. You know you can trust me." He said with pleading eyes.

I sighed and sat down on his lap. "Matt, not today. I... I'm not ready for you to know." I said as I felt an uneasy feeling in my stomach.

"Why not? How will a day or two change anything?" He said placing his hand on my thigh.

"I just need time to think Matt. I'm scared okay." I choked, as I began to cry.

"Baby, I'll protect you. I won't let anything or anyone hurt you, I promise." He reassured, as he wiped my tears and kissed my forehead.

"You don't understand, I'm scared for you" I sobbed.

"For me?" He giggled.

"It's not funny you don't understand!" I yelled before running up to my room.

Matt followed and attempted to come in, but I had locked the door.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"Just go away. I want to be alone!" I yelled.

"C'mon Spence, just let me in."

I didn't say a word just buried myself beneath my covers.

"I know your upset. I'm sorry I laughed. I don't like seeing you like this babe. Just let me in."

Nothing.

"I want to hold you, open the door." He begged.

I climbed out from under the covers and unlocked the door. Matt immediately wrapped me in a bear hug.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

I just hugged him as tight as I could as more tears rolled down my cheeks. I knew what Brett was going to do and I was terrified.

"Say something" Matt whispered in my ear.

"We never finished what we started." I said pulling back and giving Matt the look.

Matt smirked and pulled me back in, kissing me hard and passionately.

"You sure." He whispered, kissing my neck.

"I love you, Matt." I whispered, pulling his shirt off.

He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. I could feel him smile as we kissed. I ran my fingers through his hair, starting at his neck. Before I knew it Matt laid me down on the bed and took his jeans off. He crawled on to the bed and bent over me.

"What time is your Mom coming home?" He asked quickly.

"I don't know." I said pulling him closer to me.

"Wait." He whispered.

I sighed and watched as he got up and walked over to my dresser where my stereo sat. He pulled out his phone and plugged it in. Soon I heard 'Locked Out of Heaven' fill my room. Matt turned it all the way up.

"Just in case." He laughed.

I giggled and Matt walked back over to the bed.

"Wait." He said above the music.

"Ugh, what now." I said impatiently.

"If we do this you have to promise from here on out it will always be me and you, no more breaking up."

"I can't promise that Matt." I sighed.

"Why? Ya know you say you love me and you're scared for me and all this bullshit. Why should I believe you if you can't promise me this?" He spat, picking his shirt up of the floor and turning the stereo off.

"Matt, please you don't understand." I pleaded.

"Then make me understand, tell me what your hiding." He said pulling on his jeans.

"Babe, please... I..." I started.

"Spencer, tell me or I'm leaving." He demanded cutting me off.

"Fine." I hesitated.

I took in a deep breath and closed my eyes. Was I really about to do this? Could I really tell Matt everything?

"Come sit down." I said.

Matt sat across from me on my bed and grabbed my hand. I pulled away from him and sat against my headboard, pulling my knees up close to my chest and drapping my arms around them.

"What I told you about my secret wasn't exactly the truth." I spilled.

"What do you mean?" He questioned.

"I mean I had to twist the truth to protect you." I explained.

"Protect me from what?"