Stay

"Matt, I'm so sorry. please leave." I said, tears beginning to fill my eyes.

"Spencer, please can we just talk?" He said, still gripping my wrist.

"No. Matt, go!" I said raising my voice as the tears started streaming down my cheeks.

I jerked free of his grasp and backed away from him wiping away my tears.

"Look at you. I know you care about me. Why are you doing this?" He sobbed, crying as hard as me.

I'd never seen Matt like this, never saw him bawling this way, but somehow it still didn't change my mind. I still wanted him to go.

"Get out!" I yelled.

"Spencer, I'm begging you! Let me stay. Give us a chance. Let me fight for you." He cried.

"If you won't leave I will" I spat.

"Baby, don't." He pleaded, reaching out for my hand. "Stay." He whispered.

I just grabbed my keys and ran out the door to the car. I heard Matt's footsteps behind me as I ran.

"I know we can work this out. Just please come inside." He begged, as I climbed in and slammed the car door.

"I just can't do this right now!" I said.

I pulled out of the driveway, Matt chasing behind me. I took one last look at him from the rear view mirror and told myself not to look back as I sped off.

I continued to cry as I drove. I didn't know where to go. I didn't know what to do. All I knew is I couldn't get the sound of Matt's broken voice pleading asking me to 'stay'. I was afraid that this was it, that I had blown him off one too many times. Made him my second priority for the last time. I didn't now why him wanting to be with me made me so angry and upset, because I honestly wanted to be with him just as bad. I was afraid it was something out of my control. I came to a red light and as I slowed to a stop everything suddenly became so clear.

The light slowly turned back to green and I floored it. I knew where to go. I knew what I was going to do. I flew down the highway passing any car that slowed me down. My tires spitting and squealing. I had to hurry, I didn't have much time. Finally, I was almost there.

I pulled in the drive and my heart raced.

Thank god he was still here. I was afraid he would leave, but it appeared I changed my mind just in time. I jumped out off the car to find Matt sitting on the porch with his head in his hands.

"Matt!" I yelled, running up to him.

He jumped a bit and stood quickly, a look of shock on his face.

"I love you." I said leaping in to his arms.

"Please, just stay." He whispered, kissing my cheek.

"Matt, I want to be with you so much. You have no idea." I sobbed, as he put me down.

"Then why did you freak out and tell me to leave when I told you that I wanted us again?" He questioned, looking confused.

"I just... there's some things I still can't tell you, Matt. I'm sorry I yelled. I'm sorry we fought. I'm sorry I left. I realized all in the short time I was gone that I was done running away from you... away from us. I'm here to stay this time. I promise you that."

He didn't say a word, he just wrapped me in a tight hug. He released me and grabbed my hand intertwining mine with his. He opened the door and led me through the living room and started up the stairs.

"Wait." I said, grabbing Bosley.

He laughed and grabbed my hand again continuing up the stairs to my room. I let go of his hand and laid Bosley on the little fluffy rug I had in front of my closet. I figured that would do just fine for at least tonight. I turned to face Matt and he grasped my face gently with his hands kissing me so passionately.

"How can I prove to you how much I love you?" He whispered, kissing my neck now.

I didn't say a word I just shrugged. Matt grabbed my waist and pressed my body hard against his. He was kissing lips again this time with something a little extra. He started to slid his hands up higher and I felt the warmth of his skin on the small of my back. Suddenly, we were interrupted by the doorbell.

"Just leave it baby." Matt groaned.

"I can't." I sighed.

He reluctantly released me and I hurried down the stairs to the door.

"One second" I bellowed.

"Hello" I answered.

Before I knew it I felt someone's lips against mine. I instinctively pushed them off and backed away.

"Who the he..." I stopped short. "Brett?" I said, surprised.

"Hey, there." He smirked, leaning against the door facing.