Chapter 9

"Tara? As in Taralisia? A member of Xavier's inner chamber?" I asked.

"Yes. And you're Maggie." She replied.

"The same one from the war-" 

"Yes the same one."

"How are-"

"I escaped. I was one of the few." I could tell she was lying, "And where's your wolf?"

"Not here?" I questioned.

"He needs to be with you always. If I hadn't been here you'd be down there." She said pointing to the ground below, "Where he was."

"Where'd he go?!" I freaked out.

"Vampires don't just die when you push them off a roof!" She said in a duh tone of voice, "Anyways since you obviously don't know how to use your powers-"

"How do you know?" I questioned.

"Like I said, If I wasn't here you'd be dead."

"And why are you here?"

"Rumors. I heard you were here and had to see for myself. But now it's my job to watch you."

"Why?" I asked.

"Your not safe anymore. That vampire was the first and they're just going to keep coming. If your going to be reckless and not have your wolf with you then you need back up. There will always be somebody watching Maggie. Your life's not yours anymore. Our race depends on you and your wolf."

"Okay..."

"You should be getting back to him and Damon. Moon's almost up." She started to walk away. 

"Wait how do you know Damon?" I queried.

"Old friend."

"I don't know what to do. He's made me read and stuff but I don't know how to access my powers. They just come to me at random moments." 

She paused and thought for a moment, "Have you ever heard of the phrase, 'To each their own'?"

"Yah. It's every where. Even in Honda commercials." I laughed, "Why?"

"The LugaRi came up with it practically. Every witch has their own power. It's unique. And then their soul and power are reincarnated into the next LugaRi newborn." She stated.

"How is this supposed to help me?"

"Think Maggie. Your mother was the greatest witch that ever lived. She was the shaman of the tribe. She was connected to the world in every way possible." She whispered.

"Does my power have to do with what I can do in random moments, like moving shards of glass?"

"No. Every witch can do something like that when they have the urge to do it. But that takes a lot of energy. Which you, don't even have. If you use to much it could kill you. That's why smart witches only use their own power and basic spells."

"So how am I supposed to figure it out?!" I yelled baffled.

"Think about your mother." She walked to the edge of the roof, "You don't have much time left. Go now." She advised.

"Wait!" I yelled, "Where's your witch?"

"Dead." She said with a stolid expression, "Maggie, remember...Someone is always watching." And then she jumped off the roof. I ran to the edge and saw her running off. How was it possible though, that she, the wolf half was alive while her witch was dead?

______________________________________________________________________________

"I brought your chains." I threw them at Damon and he caught them. Matt and him were in the church waiting for me.