Chapter 3

"Isabelle!" Her father shouted shocked at the scene that was in front of him. His only daughter- his precious jewel- was dangling mid-air held only by her wrist by the cruellest Alpha there has ever been. He was soon flanked by his Beta and Third both giving off gasps in surprise.

The Alpha of the Blood Howlers then looked as though he had just gotten out from the phase he was in. He let's go of Isabelle's wrist, a look of pure shock vibrated through his usually emotionless face. His own Beta and Third then rushed out from the study looking equally surprised by their Alpha's expression.

Isabelle was a lot shorter than Gavin. She barely reached his shoulder. If she was being honest, in her opinion, she felt as though the height difference was perfect. Isabelle shook her head suddenly looking up to glare at the man known for his ferociousness. Where she found the courage to do so, she did not know. Only that she was angry at how he held her. Their eyes meet yet again. They could not deny the strong pull they had for each other. She simply could not break eye contact from the strong jawed man and he could not look away from the beautiful mystifying girl. Gavin Bancroft was still looking at her, a look of pure shock still evident in his handsome features.

Isabelle's father was by her side in an instant. He inspected her wrists and her face checking for any injuries. Her father was talking to her though Isabelle couldn't hear. Her eyes and attention was still on the mysterious man that was in front of her. Without a doubt, be is incredibly gorgeous. He has perfectly sculpted jaw and even god given cheek bones making it even hard to look away.  

Isabelle was the first that pulled away from their gaze. Her wolf protested at her angrily for it. She knew what he was and judging by the look he was giving her, he knew too. Her wolf was screaming at her but she only pushed her deep within her thoughts. Isabelle took one last angry look at him before she stalked out of the hall stomping her foot loudly. She stubbornly ignored her father's call.

Isabelle had no idea why she was so angry but deep inside she was crushed to find that her mate- the only mate she will ever have was a cruel and vicious man. Her wolf was on rage. Shouting at her and telling her that the notorious Alpha is hers and she was his. It's simply how it worked.

In truth, Isabelle has been dreaming of the day she would meet her knight in shining armour. She dreamed of the day where she would meet the perfect man. Back when she was younger, she thought that maybe Nathan was her mate for they clicked right from the start. Isabelle thought he was handsome but it truly was never enough. Nathan was never enough.

Isabelle realized then that she was scared, scared of her mate. Was that even possible? She silently cursed the fates for giving her a mate that would probably never want her and would probably kill her if he had the chance.

She didn't stop walking until she was engulfed in darkness by the trees somewhere far away from her home and far from anyone. Or so Isabelle believed. She kept on walking until she was jolted from her thoughts by a snap of a branch. Isabelle turned back, eyes widening and heart quickening. It wasn't like her. Isabelle was tough. It was in her blood yet, she knew she was scared.

Isabelle took a step back when her eyes landed on another pair, only these eyes were yellow almost golden. Her stomach did a funny flip at the thought of her mate going after her. She could smell him and just like the rest of him it was painfully alluring.

Famously powerful Gavin Bancroft stepped out from the trees and Isabelle had to hold in her gasp. She took a good look at him and he certainly didn't look like the barbarian that her mind conjured whenever the Blood Howlers were mentioned. He was far from it. Far from anything she has ever imagined.

They stood like that for a moment both inhaling each other's scents and taking in the others form. Isabelle felt insecure suddenly compared to the magnificent creature in front of her, she looked close to a barbarian.