Chapter 2

Isabelle's heart dropped as she spun around to find herself face to face with Max, her second brother. He was about to say something to her when she slaps her hand to his mouth to prevent him from saying anything. She then tugs him towards the family library shutting the door behind her.

"Eavesdropping again are we?" He said lifting an eyebrow at her.

"You do it plenty of times." Isabelle huffed crossing her arms around her chest.

Max suddenly laughs then tugging on her hair playfully. "You shouldn't be so guilty." He sighed laughing as he did. "I was even going to congratulate you."

Isabelle dropped her arms and grinned at her brother playfully. Only Max could be this mischievous. "What can I say? I learned from the best."

"You little devil." Max shot back at her wrapping his arms around his little sister's neck. Out of her three brothers Max was the one who had a softer spot for her. Damien was always protective and was constantly nagging her. Timothy on the other hand was Max and Damien put together. They all had identical eyes that the pack calls as the so called trademark for the Alpha's family. Sadly, Isabelle didn't get her father or her brothers pitch black hair. Instead, she had her mother's chocolate brown hair. "What have you been up to today, huh? And why are you wet?" He says letting go of her and sticking his tongue out in disgust.

Isabelle shrugged. "The usual, the river with Sofia and Nathan."

Max was about to comment when Trevor knocked on family library door. "Miss El Bridge, your Alpha is ready for you now."

Max waves her off dismissively. "Get a bath after, little sis. You smell." He taunted smirking at her.

"You probably just smell yourself." Isabelle counters running off before her brother could pull her back and show her what a bad smelling person really is.

Knocking before she went inside Isabelle pushed open her father's study. Isabelle's father is just as broad and muscular as her brothers with the familiar grey eyes and just like her brothers he had the same pitch black hair only his had grey streaks on it from old age. He was currently sitting down his chair in front of a big mahogany table. "Isabelle." He greeted. "How are you, dear?"

Isabelle smiled warmly at her father. He'd been gone for about three weeks for his business trip whatever that was. Walking around the big wooden table, Isabelle leaned down to press a kiss on her father's cheek. "Alright. How was your trip?" She asked sitting down on the chair on the other side of the table.

"Quite tiring." The Alpha said with a sigh as he massaged his temples. He shook his head like he was shaking off the headache he was having. "Have you been a good girl to your brothers?" He asked a rare smile on his lips.

A grin spread through her face. "You know the answer to that, father." She answered mischievously.

The Alpha merely chuckled at her reply. "Poor Damien. I hear he's been rather restless with you."

"A restless tomato." Isabelle corrected her father.

"The best kind." He smiled. "How goes the preparations for the barbecue?" He asked placing his hands down on the table like he always does when he was talking business.

Isabelle shook her head. "I honestly don't know. I did see a few tables and chairs at the clearing though."

Her father sighed and started to massage his head again. "Hopefully your brothers will remember to have the barbecue this time."

Isabelle laughed at this. Last year when her father was gone for another long business trip, he left the boys in charge of the barbecue only to come back with nothing but chairs and tables. The pack had to go hunting out instead.