Why did you not ask me?

(Aragorn's POV)

My eyes kept glancing down to the ring on my finger. The sparkly red kept catching my eyes. Legolas was still asleep, and he was cuddled into my side on the bed. He looked so adorable with his pale hair, and perfect skin. I looked at my ring again, and I felt Legolas shift, his blue eyes fluttering open.

"Morning," He said, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Good morning," I replied, kissing the tip of his nose. He scrunched his nose slightly, a soft laugh escaping his lips. "Shall we go eat?"

"Eating sounds good," Legolas replied, getting out of bed. His shirt was gone, and I got a full view of his lean muscles, and flawless skin. To others he may appear willowy, but to me, he is lethal. "You coming?" The question was so innocent, and I looked up to find a mischievous glint in his eyes. He knew he had me wrapped around his finger.

"Yes," I replied, feeling color rise in my cheeks. I made my way past him, going into the bathroom that was connected to my room. I pulled on a red shirt with a black vest, wanting to go with something more comfortable today. When I walked out, Legolas was in a soft green tunic, and light brown pants. His hair was back in it's usual braid, each hair in it's place. "What shall we have this morning?"

"I have no idea," he replied, making his way out of my room. I followed closely behind, letting him lead me wherever. We walked in a comfortable silence, letting the early morning air surround us.

"Well if it is not the young couple," a deep voice said with a laugh. We both turned to find Gandalf striding towards us. Legolas had a smile on his face, as he rushed over to give the old man a hug. "Well, someone is excited today."

"We have some good news," Legolas said with glee. Gandalf looked back and forth between us, and noticed the rings on our fingers. "We are getting married."

"That is wonderful!" He replied, giving Legolas a hug again, and then walking over to give me a hug. "Have you told your father Legolas?"

"No, I have not," he told him, coming over to us. "It happened last night, and we just woke up. We are on our way to get food if you would like to join us."

"I was just on my way to have food with Elrond and your father," Gandalf said, starting to walk.

"We will join you then," I told him, grabbing Legolas slender hand in mine. He smiled at me, his blue eyes holding joy. "Then we can tell them both at the same time."

"That would be a wonderful idea," Gandalf told me, leading the way to Elrond's rooms. "By the way, do you know why Elrond was in a foul mood a few nights ago?" Legolas and I exchanged glances and started laughing. "What? What is so funny?"

"It is nothing," Legolas told him through fits of laughter. Gandalf looked so confused, that it only made us laugh harder.

Gandalf started mumbling, but we did not quite catch what he said. I could have sworn that he was cursing us in other language. "Come boys, before I turn you into something," he told us, a evil glint in his eyes.

"Yes sir!" we both replied at the same time, laughing hysterically. We brought the pace up a little, laughing every now and then at the looks Gandalf was giving us.

"You boys will be the death of me," he mumbled behind us, his staff making clicking noises on the ground. Pretty soon we were at Elrond's rooms, and I could smell the fresh fruit and bread through the door, and my mouth started watering.

Gandalf knocked, and I could hear a small 'come in' from inside. When the door was opened, there sat Elrond and Thranduil, sipping what looked like tea. "Good morning," Elrond greeted with a closed eyed smile. Thranduil smiled at his son, and we made our way into the room. Gandalf closed the door behind us, and we all took our seats. Legolas sat by his father, I was next to him, Gandalf on my other side, and Elrond next to him. "So, what brings the young Lords to have breakfast with us old men?"

"Old men?" Gandalf inquired, a small smirk on his lips. "I am far from old Master Elrond, I will pray that you will remember that." Elrond chuckled, taking another sip from his tea. In age standards, I was the youngest one here.

"We wanted to tell you all something," Legolas said, holding my hand. They all looked at us, waiting for us to say something. "We are getting married." Legolas held up our hands, showing off his ring. They all glanced at us, and Thranduil did something unexpected. He got up and hugged Legolas. Thranduil was not seen as someone who was affectionate, so Legolas was a little shocked. He got over his shock quickly, and hugged his father back.

"I am very proud of the both of you," he said quietly. I stood also, putting a hand on his back. Thranduil soon hugged me, and I hugged him back instantly. I had the impression that Thranduil hated me, so it was nice to have a hugged from him. Elrond and Gandalf gave both of us hugs, and I saw Elrond whisper something in Legolas' ear that caused him to blush.

"It was about time," Elrond chuckled, sitting down.

"You knew?" Gandalf asked, looking at his old friend.

"Well of course I knew, they came to me seeking advice a few nights ago," he told Gandalf, taking another sip of tea.

"Is that why you were in such a foul mood?"

"Yes it was," he told them. "Both of these boys came to me, one after the other claiming they wanted to ask the other to marry them. It was rather tiring. Both wanted to ask at the garden, at the same time. Aragorn came first, and then it was Legolas after. I had to remain calm, and not say anything to either of them about it. Let us just say that they do think alike."

"Why did you not come to me?" Thranduil asked his son. Legolas' blue eyes went wide, as he tried to think of an answer for his father.

"Forgive me father, I wanted to surprise you," he replied in a soft tone.

"I was only teasing," he replied, a small smile on his face. "You are my son, I have the right to tease my own son correct?"

"Of course father," Legolas replied with a smile.

~~~~~

Author's Note,

Guys... I have no excuse as to why I have not updated this in two months... Please forgive me? I am in college now, and I have had so much homework. I also have been going out adventuring, like climbing the buildings on campus. This story will probably come to a close in the next few parts. I do have ideas for other stories, but if you want to give me some ideas, I am thrilled to have them.

Thank you so much guys!

Abby