Part 8: Haeun

Present Time

(Narrator's POV)

A few days after his birthday, Jungkook came back to the cupcake shop to buy his usual favourite set of cupcakes. He stumbled into the store, walking past the tables and booth that were sitting on the left side of the store. As he reached the cashier desk, he glanced over to the glass cabinet that had all the cupcakes in store.

He frowned. All the cupcakes were sitting there, waiting for someone to buy them, but the only thing that wasn't there were the red velvet cupcakes. Out of curiosity, he tried to sneak a quick glance into the kitchen just to make sure that one of the chefs were making them. Ringing the bells on the desk, out came Chanwoo who was dusting off his apron.

"May I help you?" Chanwoo smiled, and Jungkook felt himself suspiciously look around the shop. Chanwoo looked at the boy as he searched for Seoyeon. "Are you looking for her?"

"Yes, and the red velvet cupcakes." He replied as Chanwoo's lips formed a small 'o'.

"She hasn't come to work since the first of September. I think she's sick?" He explained as Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Chanwoo pointed towards the kitchen as he started to explain more about the red velvet cupcakes. "And the red velvet cupcakes? I don't know the recipe. In fact, Seoyeon only keeps the recipe for her red velvet cupcakes a secret."

"Wait, she hasn't been here since Tuesday?" Jungkook pursed his lips as Chanwoo nodded his head in reply. He frowned even more knowing that the last time he saw her was on his birthday.

"Bora and I are kind of bummed out because most of her customers love the red velvet cupcakes," Chanwoo began, shaking his head. "We don't know the recipe, therefore, we can't provide them their cupcakes until Seoyeon comes back."

"Did you call her, at least?" Chanwoo shook his head again. "Why won't you call her?"

"Bora did, but apparently it's girl business." Chanwoo chuckled, "I guess it has something to do with us guys can't know."

Jungkook's shoulder slumped, and Chanwoo placed a hand on his hip. The two of them looked at each other for a few seconds and Jungkook turned away.

"Did you do anything to her?" Chanwoo asked defensively as Jungkook raised an eyebrow.

Jungkook shook his head to defend himself, "I never did anything—ugh, I don't know."

Chanwoo giggled, "girls and their love life, pretty hard to read, huh?"

~~~~

He kissed her. That was the problem.

She tossed around in her bed once again for the billionth time, wiping away her tears that were streaming down her cheeks. He kissed her. The memory was haunting her to death.

Jungkook was someone who always kept her thinking, someone who would let her reconsider things in a different perspective. But that's what she hated about him. She hated how he changed her thoughts about him.

She hated how he stopped her from moving on. She hated how one kiss, how one act of kindness could make her fall in love with him again without hesitation.

She hates how she loves him so much that she let all her threatening feelings to come back into her heart without permission. It took one look, one visit, one minute, one second, just for her to fall in love again.

She was never supposed to love him again after the last time they saw each other. She was supposed to let go of him. She was supposed to move on with her own life knowing that she'll never see him ever again. But seeing him again completely destroyed her plan of moving on from her strong feelings for him.