Part 7: Happy Birthday, Jungkook.

Present Time

(Narrator's POV)

September 1st.

Her eyes were glued to the calendar for about half an hour. But what was more worse was the fact that her eyes were also glued to the entrance door for almost two hours. She would glance at the door every now and then whenever a new customer would enter the shop, hoping that it would be Jungkook.

But none of them were him.

She was slowly beginning to worry why he hasn't showed up. Jungkook always visited the shop and bought a cupcake on a daily basis, and he was also the advertisement photographer, it would be shocking to not see him in the store today.

Her mind began to wander of all the possibilities as to why Jungkook would never show up at the shop today.

Was he sick?

Was he busy?

What happened to him?

And whenever she would think too much about him, the frustration would start to spark throughout her thoughts. She still cared about him, and there was no explanation needed.

She turned around towards the huge red velvet cake sitting on the counter. It was sitting untouched with the two numbers '2' and '2' sitting at the very middle of it. Frowning, she turned back around towards the door praying to the Gods that he would miraculously show up.

Of course she knew it was Jungkook's birthday today. And of course she couldn't forget about his birthday. Her eyes widened slightly. Did he think that I forgot his birthday was today? Did anyone remember that today was his birthday? Or did he just forget about me-

"Excuse me," she looked up to see a boy whose eyes looked like crescents. He tapped on the bell for the last time and tapped his fingers onto the cashier desk.

"I'm so sorry," she mumbled, rushing over to him as she put on her gloves, still deep in her own thoughts. "What would you like for today?"

He pointed towards the red velvet cupcakes and she felt her heart skip a beat. Jungkook loves the red velvet cupcakes.. She took two of them and placed it into it's package, handing it over to him.

And that's when she realized. She stopped in her tracks, looking at the boy who was staring right at her. He looked rather familiar to her, as if she had seen him before.

"You look really familiar, do we know each other?" She asked the boy who chuckled softly at her innocent face.

"I'm Jimin, Jungkook's best friend." He replied, and her eyes lit up at the mention of his name escaping his lips. He noticed how she transformed to a glum girl to someone who was growing out of curiosity.

"Is he alright? He hasn't come to the shop yet-today is his birthday and I wanted to give him something but-where is he?!" She was like a bubble of curiosity and Jimin realized that Jungkook was never wrong about her in the first place. He was a bit taken aback at how her personality was definitely different from her own innocent look.

"Jungkook was right," he smiled.

She tilted her head in confusion, "right about what?"

"Right about how cute you look when you talk a lot." Jimin giggled, shaking his head. He then frowned a bit, his smile faltering each second. "Jungkook is at his office, he's a little bit peachy and moody today."

"Oh?" She frowned, her shoulders slumping at Jimin's tone when he started to talk about Jungkook. She punched in his totals and took his cash, giving him his change. "What happened to him?"