12. Marathon

After a couple more episodes, Mike knocked on my door. After Vincent had jumped out the window, I had simply continued watching Steven Universe. Nothing gets in between me and Peridot. We ended up spending hours laying together snugly on my bed, just watching cartoons. We made it all the way through both shows without taking anything but bathroom breaks. Damn, how had I not seen Gravity Falls before? It's close to beating Steven Universe in my personal "Favorite Shows (or at least the animated ones)" list. He was about to leave and go home to maybe get some sleep when he saw the time. 

It was Monday. 

We ran out the door, praying that we'd make it to work on time. I did live close enough to walk; I had just taken the car before because I was too lazy to go on foot. When we got there, everything was already locked up. Apparently there was some guy who checked for us a couple minutes into the shift before locking up. 

"Fucking hell!" Mike yelled. "I'm going to be fired for sure!" He pounded on the door with his fist. As he hit it the fifth time, a familiar voice spoke from behind us. 

"Trying to break into a pizzeria at night? You've sunk to a new low, Mikey," Vincent hummed. Mike and I jumped about twenty feet in the air. "Shit, Vincent! What the hell?" Mike yelled. "I just thought I'd help you guys out, let you into the building..." Vincent answered. I gestured for him to go ahead, and he pulled a small key out of his pocket and tossed it to Mike. Mike fumbled with it and the key fell to the ground. 

"Classic Mike," Vincent mumbled under his breath. When Mike turned to protest, he was already gone. 

"What the fuck IS he?" I asked. "No clue," Mike replied. "He just showed up for work one day, and he's just been here ever since. There was some shady business a while back where a few kids went missing during his shift, so they had to move him over with me on night shift. You know, so the public wouldn't get worked up over allowing him to continue after what had happened. Vincent then just stopped showing up, and then they hired you." He finally managed to get the door open. "The animatronics seemed to be too much for him." Mike shrugged and held the door. "We're going to have to run to avoid Fazfuck and co. They're going to notice that the door's open. Luckily for us, it's only Monday, and they won't be as active as they were on Friday." Mike took off into the building, and I followed close behind. 

We managed to make it into the office without running into anyone. It was already past three though, so it's a small miracle that we didn't run into Bonnie. I stood panting while Mike went into security mode. I was a little surprised that he didn't seem tired in the slightest, but that was probably because he was used to it or something. After all, he was probably getting as much sleep as I was, considering how well he knew his show. I was almost falling asleep the entire shift, but I managed to keep an eye on the cameras. The marathon was a bad idea; I hadn't slept in what seemed like forever. When Mike's watch started beeping, I took the chance to slump over against the wall. Asleep. Oops.