Part 22

I could feel all of my senses sharpening as energy rushed through my body. New strength poured into my limbs and I straightened up. Jamie was already starting to look better as his head cleared.

              I could tell that evening was approaching by the light filtering into the room. That meant that Julia and Chris would probably be here soon, providing they were ok. We had agreed beforehand that if someone was captured, we would give it 24 hours. If they were not back by then we would rescue them.

              Plus if I knew Julia she would probably come early anyway. She was far too impatient to wait that long. Chris would probably just give in and follow her.

              With the fresh blood surging through me a part of me didn’t want them to come. The monster wanted all of the humans for herself.

              I turned without a second thought and strode up to the steel door. I kicked it so hard that it flew off of its hinges and crushed the man standing guard behind it. I snapped the neck of the second guard before he even had time to raise his gun.

              I was already running along the corridor by the time Jamie reached the doorway and saw what I had done. I heard his gasp of horror as I rounded the corner.

              A small part of my mind told me I should wait for him to catch up but I was too focused on blood and revenge to listen to it.

              Another guy rounded the corner but I slammed him into the wall roughly, and I heard the crunch of his shoulder as he screamed. But I kept going. He was not one I was interested in.

              More came running when they heard the noise but I took them down quickly. Most of them were just knocked out. They were still not the ones I was looking for.

              I stopped when I heard a small whimper in the room next to me. I inhaled deeply, now there was a scent that I recognized. I kicked the door in and rounded the corner. Clarkson stood against the far wall, his hand shook as he pointed my own knife at me.

              A sadistic grin spread across my face as I prowled towards him. He opened his mouth to shout but in a flash I had him pinned to the wall. One of my hands holding his one with the knife and the other covering his mouth.

I hissed in his ear “you dare to use my own knife against me?” he tried to shake his head until I slammed him into the wall again. “Don’t try to deny it. You already have.”

              I removed the knife from his hand and then I gently ran it across his cheek, making him moan in pain. ”remember?”

              He attempted to say something so I removed my hand to let him speak,

“I’m sorry!” his voice was desperate and panicked.

“You don’t really mean that at all.”

“I do! I really-“

“What’s your first name Clarkson?”

“P-Peter.” He could barely get the word out through his shaking, I grew tired of playing with him.

“Well then, Peter Clarkson… I’m going to kill you now.”

              He barely had a chance to let out a terrified whimper before my fangs sunk viciously into his neck, severing most of his vital veins and arteries. The hot blood flowed into my mouth and he let out a strangled gurgle. I noticed with some disappointment that even though it tasted amazing, it was still nowhere near as good as Jamie’s.