Chapter 4: Changes

Yay! Early long chapter! (I'm sick and stayed at home, so I wrote.)

*****

I met with Ron and Hermione at a small cafe in Diagon Alley. We chose it because it was a quiet, cosy place and few people bothered us here. That was because Fleur, Ron's sister in law opened this small place because she loved cooking and missed her beloved home, France.

As I walked in, my taste buds tingled at the smell of French delights. Cafe des delices sold many different types of French delicacies like la Tarte Tatin, Chouquettes and Religieuse au chocolat.

I did not quite have an appetite so I only ordered a regular black espresso. Ron had a small pile of plates next to him and a croissant in his hand while Hermione sipped a Hot Chocolate.

When Hermione caught sight of me, she jumped up and hugged me. I swear I heard a bone crack. Ron waved and went back to finishing his croissant before he looked up as I sat down.

"Bloody hell, mate! What happened with you? You look horrid!" Ron exclaimed as he set eyes on me.

Hermione nudged him not-so-subtly. "Ronald, let him speak first!" she scolded with a sheepish look on her face.

She hadn't told Ron yet and felt bad about lying to him. I did too, so I quickly sat and started explaining.

"I am... Well... You see... Iammatedwithmalfoy. And well refusing that causing me to slowloy die." I said at first hesitantly and then blurted out.

"What?" Ron asked, utterly bewildered. Even Hermione looked confused.

"I. Am. Mated. With." I started, slowly and deliberately.

In a whisper, I finished,"Malfoy."

At that moment, Ginerva Weasley walked in and exclaimed,"You are mated with who?!?"

********

After what seemed like hours of awkward silence, Hermione and I began to explain. Ron quickly ordered a drink for his sister and made her sit next to him with an arm around her. It was quite ingenious really, as it was both comforting and restraining.

Ginny began to understand. She began to realise it was not my choice at all.

Yet, a tear rolled down her cheek, because she realised there was no future to a romantic relationship with me. It would kill me, even the consideration of that made me wince in pain.

Once we finished convincing and comforting Ginny I left for my apartment. An hour was almost up and I needed to get back.

******

Fortunately, Malfoy was still out.

I winced as that thought sprung a small stab of pain.

It quickly dissipated as Malfoy walked in. I noticed he sighed as if in relief.

He silenty joined me at the island of our kitchen. We sat like this for a few minutes before we both crumpled in pain.

We both realised it must have been because we didn't acknowledge eachother. I got on my knees and held out a my hand to him. He looked confused at first but took it in his own hand.

Instantly, we both gasped. A dozen sparks erupted from our palms. It was shocking but made us only want to continue holding eachothers' hands.

I looked up and my eyes met with Mal-...Draco's eyes and he nodded without a word. I pulled him to his feet and walked to our couch. I sat on one side while he sat on the other.

It felt awkward, yet right, holding hands. I don't know why but it made me feel like I could finally relax and forget about all the painful deaths that were forever in my mind since the war.

It made no sense at all. This was Draco Malfoy. His side caused those deaths. Yet our hands fit like a lock and key, perfectly.

I looked to him again. He must have been in deep thought just like I was. Shaking his head, he looked to me.

I was entranced in those silver orbs. It was the first time I ever felt this way when I looked in his eyes. Maybe, just maybe it's because of the thoughts in those eyes. They had never looked like this, full of emotion.

I escaped the trance when Malfoy shifted towards me.

"Maybe we should start calling eachother by our first names?",he asked hesitantly.

"Alright... Draco." I replied as I too shifted closer to him.

Closing the gap,"Harry, this feels right."

He leant towards me an gently placed his lips on mine. I tasted peppermint and smelt raspberry, my favourite scent.

I was shocked but quickly responded to his touch. I started kissing him back and he put more force into it. He bit my lip but his tongue quickly swept the slight pain away. He asked for entrance and I immediately allowed him. Our tongues fought for dominance but soon I gave up and his tongue explored every inch of my mouth. I wrapped my arm around his waist and pulled him closer. My other arm reached up and pulled my fingers through his hair. We stopped for air and opened our eyes.

Only then did we realised what we had just done. We both inched away but my arm was still around him. I looked down at it when I suddenly felt fingers intertwine in mine.

Draco gently placed his other arm around me and pulled me to lie on him. I relaxed and cuddled into his toned chest.

Our relationship had progressed far in a small amount of time, yet it felt normal and good and just right.

"It must be our bond." I muttered, not realising I had said that out loud.

As Draco stroked my hair, he said, "It must be."

********

Is it too fast? I don't know but asdfghjkl they kissed!

Hoped you liked it, tell me if theres anything wierd with it, ok?

Vote if you like it!