Chapter 3: Dealing With It

Sorry if this took a bit long, last week of school and all. Summers coming soon, so I'll post more then!

*********

Hell. Bloody hell. BLOODY FREAKING HELL.

I had told Hermione of my problems and asked of her help. She, obviously, said she would and gave me all the information she already had at hand.

After going through some research with her, I found this;

Vampires and Their Mates.

Vampires mate for life. They do not need to know their mate personally to be attracted to them. They are immediately attracted once their eyes meet eachother's. They have no power whatsoever over themselves and are forced to love their chosen mate.

More often than not, vampires are attracted to others of their own sex. This could be difficult, but their powers change their mates views.

If a vampire and their chosen mate refuse eachother, both will die slowly but painfully, getting horendous pains and sicknesses.

Frequently, Veelas and Vampires mate. Their refusal will mean an accelerated death compared to normal mating.

Back to the present. BLOODY FREAKING HELL.

Now I know why Draco didn't suggest a vampire. It is universally known that the Malfoys have Veela blood in them. Which means I will die an painful death soon if I refuse the vampire in me.

Why. Why. Why. And how.

That was all I could think right now.

Ir was already 11.30pm, so I went to sleep once again. It seemingly did no harm to my problems, but also was of no help.

**********

I woke up in the early hours of the morning. I didn't want to go outside at this time, so I magically opened the door and summoned breakfast.

To my surprise, breakfast didn't come through, but instead the man I was fated to be with. Don't get me wrong, I am definitely not on fate's side. I suddenly realised that I was on the side of a Malfoy, one I had never been on before.

"Malfoy. What?" I said quickly, almost emotionless.

"Wespentimeordead." He blurted out.

I gave him a look of confusion and he continued.

"We need to spend time... Together. Or we'll", here he paused as he gulped. "Or we'll be dead soon."

As if, we haven't refused yet. It wouldn't matter, right?

"No. I don't want-". We both froze and hunched over our bodies in pain. It was like a punch to the stomach, taking the wind out of us. It pushed Malfoy to the floor and caused me to slump in my bed.

I realized it was the only way to survive, to be close. So, after we both regained our senses, I bathed and then went out to have breakfast with the boy who caused me and my friends great pain. The day went by like this. We sat close, but faced different ways and maintained a still silence, only broken by grunts of annoyance from both parties.

"Potter."

"Malfoy? What now?", I replied, my voice dripping with annoyance.

"I think we can part ways for now, as long as we both promise to come back in less than two hours. We should be fine, but we shouldn't reject eachother, even in our minds. Alright...", He shook his head as if in disgust and continued,"Harry?"

Shocked, I nodded and walked out the door to buy some groceries and necessities for my new house, hopefully turning it into a home.

********

Hoped you liked it! Vote maybe? Or comment? Motivation always helps!