1. The Bookstore *

BEFORE YOU START READING......THIS WAS MY FIRST WATTPAD BOOK*fireworks go off* IT'S NOT GOOD AT FIRST....I was learning.... I MYSELF THINK THE LIKE MIDDLE OR SO AND ON....IDK YOU'RE THE READER!

Chapter 1

Silence filled the bookstore in an uncomfortable way. It was crazy how I could hear the people outside talking, running and going on with their life's. While I was here to hoping something interesting could happen once in my life. After staring at the door for a few minutes, I lost hope and just started organizing books.

Working at a bookstore had its perks. I really didn't have to buy the books when I could just read them right here. Being a book lover, I didn't mind in fact I loved it.

I sat on the carpet floor stacking the books into different genres. The sun shined right through the windows right at my face. The sun wasn't as bad here, then outside. It was scorching hot outside. It was only going to get hotter now that it was June.

It was my last summer before I graduate. Sad to say that I'm spending it like this. I don't mind that much, but occasionally I wish I was outgoing and a risk taker.

Though instead I'm a hermit working at a bookstore with the most creative name ever. I often wonder why my grandma ended up calling it "The Bookstore." My grandpa once told me it was called "Mind Delights." Nonetheless the bookstore it well known since it's located downtown.

With all the books organized I sat behind the cash register, and grabbed a book I've been meaning to read. I turned the music back down.

A loud banging noise made me look up and stop reading. Something must of hit the window making me jump in fright. I then noticed some men chasing somebody down the street. I ignored it since it didn't look serious. They are probably playing a prank on somebody.

I didn't feel like reading anymore, putting the book to the side.

I grabbed my phone turning it on then off after noticing no messages or notifications. I really don't know why I even carry this piece of junk if no one messages me. I don't have many friends to begin with thanks to my conceited parents. My parents like showing off how wealthy, they are and they think I'm like that too. I'm the girl no one cares about to actually get to know.

For goodness sakes, I work at a bookstore and read all day.

"This is what you do all summer. You just sit here reading and sell books." His voice startled me making me drop my phone on the table.

"The way you said it makes my life sound boring." I said making eye contact with his beautiful hazel eyes. I recognized him from school, but I never really bothered to know his name. He intimidated me with his height of 6 ft or so. He just stood there looking at me so I did the same.

I eyed him closely in our staring contest. He wore a black shirt almost hugging his toned abs. I hadn't noticed his bruised eye till now. It seemed to getting worst. Blood was also oozing from his pink lips making them a bit bigger. I felt the urge to touch his face, but stopped myself.

"I think this is the most I've ever heard you talk." He said almost surprised. I rolled my eyes. He touched his lips feeling the blood coming out more since he talked.

"Are you okay?" I asked not caring about what he said before. He needed to go get something for his eye. I knew enough to get something cold on the eye. I knew taking that medical class would come in handy.

"Yeah I'm fine. This is nothing actually," he pointed at his face,"I'm just hiding from some people." He said brushing it off like if it was a small scratch. Though I saw him wince when he touched his eye. Everything seemed to be clear to me now. The loud banging noise was him coming in here and the people running were the people chasing him.

"I think I have something for your eye upstairs." I got off my seat. I felt him following me and I turned around staring at him.

"Actual-ly you stay here and I'll get something cold for your eye." He nodded even though he seemed confused. He probably thinks I'm paranoid about boys.

I didn't know him and I can't just let him come upstairs with me, but then again he would be alone downstairs. I was the only one here, I debated on going upstairs and leaving the store unattended. He could steal something. I didn't want to have to call the police and be interrogated.

I quickly went upstairs heading towards my mini fridge. The floor was just used to store things and well for me to just hang out when I can't stand my parents.

It seemed as the only thing I had a cold was a Spongebob Popsicles I was saving for today.

I turned around slamming into someone's chest. I screamed, but then noticed who it was.

"I thought I told you to stay downstairs." I handed him the Popsicle.

"You were taking too long. It is not like I'm going to do anything to you." He placed the Popsicle on his eye. With his other eye, he looked around the room. It was a mess with books everywhere. I managed to put a couch up here and a TV.

"Thanks for the help even though you didn't have to."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, we have never talked till now. My friends aren't the nicest people and they have done some mean things to you." I really had no clue why. I guess trying to be a good citizen. He doesn't have the greatest friends of all but I'm not going to treat him differently because of how his friends act.

"I really don't know. I guess because if one of your friends came here with a busted lip and a black eye I wouldn't help them. Though if you didn't want my generosity you could of said so and left." I grabbed a water bottle and left to go downstairs. I had left the store unattended for too long

"Thanks for you help. I wasn't trying to be mean you know." He placed the SpongeBob rapper on the table leaving.

Thanks for reading. If you liked it, I suggest you leave a comment or a like too. Leave feedback if you want. Please add to your library.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)