Chapter 8

We push through the double doors, and out of the school. "Where are we-" he cuts me off "shut it" is all he says to me. I'm thrown in his car.

A dropping feeling hits my stomach as we head down the highway. We stop at a gas station and he gets out. I don't move as he puts on a mask. "You're going to help me rob the gas station."

I stare at him, and try my best not to laugh. "What if I don't help?" I continue to hold back my laughter. There is no way in the world he is going to make me do this. He can tell the whole school who I like for all I care.

"I'll get my brother to go after Cameron. He just got out of jail, and he isn't afraid to hit a girl." he speaks in a scary voice. This frightens me a little. His brother went to jail for so many reasons. Drugs, theft, lying to a cop. You name it he's done it, and I was never allowed to meet him.

Ben wouldn't let me go into his house at all when we were dating. But, now that we've broken up, and I've led him to work extra hours at his job; I am sure he's more than happy to feed me to his brother.

I quickly unbuckle the seat belt, and get out of the car. I'm not quite sure what I'm doing, but I know it's nothing good. I run into the gas station without giving him warning. I hear Ben come after me as I jump into the restroom at the back of the gas station.

I pull out my phone, and call the cops. "Hello, 911 what's your emergency?" I quickly answer "Yes there's a robbery on fifth avenue just by the highway. It's at the gas station, come quick I think he has a knife."

They hang up, and I wait in the bathroom. I don't want to move, so I don't. Fifteen to twenty minutes pass before I hear sirens. I sign in relief, ready for all the screams and shouts to stop.

Everything gets quiet, except for the sounds of the cops screaming for Ben to get down. "On your knees!" they scream. I unlock the door, and slowly walk out of the bathroom.

"Ma'am, are ok?" I look at the cop and nod. "Can you take me home, sir?" I ask, not looking at Ben. If I do, I will just get angry. "Yes Miss, we can." I smile and take a seat on the curb outside, and wait for the cops to put Ben in the cop car.

An officer comes to me; offering his hand to help me stand. "Thank you" is all I say. I follow him to his car and hop in. I tell him my address, and he takes me home.

The car ride there is completely silent the whole way. I don't want to say anything. I don't want to risk getting in trouble. If he found out I rode with Ben, that might get me in trouble.

He pulls up to the house. I thank him and get out. My parents are sitting in the living room. Dad reading a news paper and mom looking at the stairs. "Hey mom? What's up?" I ask standing next to her.

"Camry is here, I think she has a slight problem." I look at my mom, confused. I head upstairs and find Cameron in my room. She is on the floor, downing a beer. I look at her, worried as to what might have happened.

"Cameron!" I scream running to her and snatching away the alcohol. She sits there quietly. I turn to set the beer down, just to look back at her and find she has found my secret stash. "Give me the Rum, Cameron!" I yell a little too loud.

She continues to stay silent as I rip the bottle from her hands. "What is wrong with you! You don't drink! And if you do you wait 'till the parents leave!" I sit beside her.

The floor has never been so uncomfortable before. I ignore my discomfort and focus on Cameron. "Cam?" I say, but no answer "Camry?" I say again. She looks at me, I can see tears in her eyes.

"Feelings Lucy, I have caught feelings. I don't like it very much, and I am not one to cry. Can you take them away?" she asks me. I look at her, tempted to gently place my lips on hers. I don't though, and instead I lay my head on her shoulder.

"Depends, am I the one who can help you? Or am I the one hurting you?" she stays silent "I could ask you the same question, babe." My stomach flips, and I turn to look at her.

"What?" I ask, knowing exactly what she means. How? How does she know? Is she a freaking witch!? She gives me a look. It's a kind look, but it's also sad. "Lucy, you know what I mean. I can see it in your eyes. Its not just my secret anymore, Its Ours."

This time I am the one to keep quiet. I don't want to say another word. I grab the Rum off the table, and start to drink. Cameron tries to take it from me, but I don't let her.

"No, Cameron. You don't drink, so don't even think about it. I don't want you to. Stay away from the alcohol, it's the devils brew." I tell her, and she stares at me. "The freaking devils brew? Where the hell do you come up with these?"

I smile at her "shut up, you love me" is all say for a little while. I take a few more sips, then set down the Rum. "Alright, your going to tell me how exactly you caught feelings and for whom. Don't you even lie to me either."

"I don't think. . ." I give her a pointed look. "Fine! You want to know, Lucy?" she says a little annoyed. I nod my head, waiting to hear the disappointing new. "You Lucy, because your beautiful."

My mouth drops, and I stare at Cameron what the hell.