The Flirt & The Badass

The air was warm as Fenrix pulled himself out of his den. Yawning, he stretch, flexing his large powerful wings. After shaking himself down he left his den and started out to fetch breakfast. The rabbits didn't live too far away and would make a nice easy meal. It was a stroke of luck, really, that he'd found the fallen tree last year, with so many nearby resources, just before the winter came and claimed the forest. The dead tree fell proped against some large boulders, creating a nice den for the felix.

Fenrix was rather large, more the size of a maned wolf rather than the more common fox height. His size however, gave him no advantage over other male felix's, as he was born with a defect, that means he has no horns. Many males had teased him about this, until he started stealing all the females...

Fenrix was a flirt. He loved nothing more than to woo any and every pretty female felix in sight. Single or not. Fenrix wasn't ugly either, he was extreamly handsome, his only downside being his lake of horns, but Fenrix more than made up for his defect, his princely charms and ability to talk his way out of anything often winning most of the females, much to his rivals displeasure.

No one knew and disliked his ways more than one female, his cousin, Dax. She was revered as one of the most beautiful females around, but her personality sent males running. Why was she so bitter? Fenrix, being as determined as he was to get as many females as he could, and rub it in his rivals faces, had more than once gotten Dax to pretend to be his girlfriend, making it appear like he had bagged the ultimate prize. How did he get away with this? No one knew that she was his cousin, and so his plan always worked. Having seen Fenrix shamelessly flirt with multiple females at once, never being faithful, and even using her, Dax lost all belief she once had in love, and avoids males like the plague. She became very cold and utterly uninterested in anything to do with males.

Life at the moment, for Fenrix, was pretty much as perfect as it ever got: warm weather, fresh water from the nearby river, pleanty of food now winter was over, and last but not least, Mating Season, which meant an abundance of single females that were new to the area, or were experiencing their first Mating Season. Fenrix cracked a grin at the thought.

When a felix found a mate, they were mated for life. Then they would move away to a quiet spot by themselves to raise a family. This didn't really suit Fenrix. Why be stuck with one female all your life, when you could have, potentially, them all? With this reasoning, Fenrix was always sure to never mark a female, meaning that he wasn't pleased with them and so sent them on their way. This usually resulted in them leaving the area, which just happened to suit Fenrix perfectly. No raging ex's demanding reconciliation.

Practically humming a tune, Fenrix trotted through the forest in search of something a little more filling before a day of flirting, thinking of what new females he could flirt with this season. Last year was by far his best yet, his record being smashed by an amazing twelve females. All as hot as magma! A pleasant chill went down his spine as he thought of his conquests... Twelve stunningly beautiful females begging to be his, all being sent away without a mark of possession. None realised that he never intended to give them one. Andromeda had been his favourite, she looked like a princess and acted like one too. Regal and composed, he had set himself the challenge of breaking her composure. He had told her that if she could keep composed, he would mark her. He could remember the thrill, the fear, when he saw she was not breaking, despite all his tricks and words, she had remained collected, but after a long time, she could bear it no longer and broke under the pressure he placed on her. She had called him unfair, but was forced to admit, although she was right, that she had lost the bet and so left. Fenrix decided that it was a risk he shouldn't take this year, that kind of thrill was a once-only.

~~~

Badass and independent she may be, but Lucky was still new, and was completely lost. Every tree looked the same and suddenly the forest looked very large; and she, very small. She huffed under her breath and kept walking. Eventually she had to reach somewhere, right? The forest would have to part at somepoint. She might even find another felix if luck was on her side. Heh, it usually was, as her name 'Lucky Feather' suggested.

Lucky might have been a spunky, slightly bitchy female that seemed to think she knew everything, but she was no fool. She was smart, a good huntress and fabulously beautiful to boot. In her previous home, she had been the main attention of many males eagerly awaiting her coming of age; females jealous of her popularity.

However, the country girl wanted bigger catches than just the males she'd grown up with and called her friends, she wanted the ones out in the forest, the 'Big City' as the felix's would say. Yeah, she had bigger fish to fry.

But just because it sounded great, doesn't mean it was. For right now, it was quiet and, quite frankly, boring. Nobody about, no paths, no nothing! Some 'Big City', it seemed less visited than her home!

Again, Lucky sighed and huffed, totally frustrated. This was so not how she pictured this place. It was meant to be filled with loads of handsome males, all single and fresh, ready to hang on her every word. So far she hadn't even seen breakfast!

Suddenly, she smelt what she was sure was a rabbit. Her mouth watered, it wasn't what she came for, but right now it would do. She trotted onward, nose low as she followed the tantalising smell. Her lean body moved fast, her bouncing stride carrying her silently towards her meal. Soon, she saw what her nose told her had been there: a family of rabbits, playing about in the sun. Come to Lucky, breakfast...

~~~

Fenrix had caught the scent of another family of rabbits. Man, they must be breeding like... Well, rabbits... Anyway, whatever, they were all edible, no matter what they were breeding like, and his stomach grumbled quietly. His mouth watered as his objective came into view from behind the shrubs. They were all so close together, it was hard to pick one out, he decided to wait until one moved off alone.

He didn't have to wait long.

Grinning, he prepared to pounce the large, plump rabbit that dared to wander too far from it's family. He could resist no longer; he pounced.

But to his surprise, so did something else!

He had no time to stop himself before he collided into a lean body of light brown fur, and looked around dazed as all the rabbits ran off in fright down their holes. Fenrix shook himself and turned to see who he had ran into.

"Ugh, don't you ever watch where you're going?!" A voice yelled angrily. Fenrix's head shot up, strung, and ready to defend himself when he got a good look at his new companion and...

Oh... Hellooo, Lady....