Parents Meeting the Children

Aulisor's P.O.V.

It was Saturday, the day we were going to be meeting each other's parents. I made sure that I looked presentable. Trevor even helped me because I was nervous about this whole thing. "Dude, you'll be fine. My mom won't bite, I swear. She's a sweet woman and has given up almost everything for my siblings and I," he said. He was going through my clothes, which I didn't mind, so he could help me pick out something. He threw me a black tee, a pair of slim jeans that were dark blue, a black plaid fleece, and then underwear with socks. "There you go. Now go get changed and even wash up if you need to. You have a little over an hour before you guys have to meet them in the courtyard." That was encouraging, somewhat. I decided to take a quick shower, hoping that might take away some of the tension. I relaxed instantly when the warm water collided against my skin. I was only in the shower for five minutes before I killed the water and got ready.

When I walked out, little Dust walked in. She had the same fear in her eyes. I threw my gym clothes into the hamper and sat down on my bed as I ran my fingers through my hair. I took a deep breath as I tried to calm my nerves. Trevor came back into the room since it appeared that he went to the library to get a book to help him with an assignment. "Well, how do I look," I asked. He looked at me, smiling while doing so.

"You look great man. My mom will be glad to have met you today," he said while placing a hand on my shoulder as he gave me some confidence and courage. I smiled at him.

"Thanks Trev. I just hope everything works out," I said. After we had our "bro" moment, Dusty came out of the bathroom. Trevor and I just stared at her, basically gawking at her even. For a fourteen year old girl, she sure knows how to turn heads. Black skinny jeans, a navy denim vest, a vibrant yellow shirt that had sleeves going to her elbows, an orange scarf elegantly placed around her neck, her combat boots, and she had her hair down for the most part. She took some of her raven locks from sides of her head and brought them together to make a mini ponytail. My mouth went dry as I gazed upon her. How did I manage to get this girl?

She looked up to find the two of us staring at her. "What? Oh, please don't tell me I went overboard again," she fretted. We shook our heads slowly. The scarf was the main thing that caught my interest. I swear I've seen it before somewhere. Then it dawned on me. It was Yang's, part of her huntress attire. Blake must've given it to her the day she left to come to Beacon. "Okay. Wait, then why are you two staring at me?"

"We, uh... You..." Trevor was trying to come up with something that was believable. She crossed her arms as she gave us this look, eyes slightly narrowed.

"We're admiring your outfit. You chose well Dust. Now we both look presentable," I said, saving Trevor from the hot seat. She gave off a blush from my flattering compliment. I walked up to her, offering her my arm to hold as we walked down to meet our parents. She gladly took the kind invitation and we headed for the door.

"Do you have your scrolls," Trevor asked just before we were going to leave the room. We nodded with smiles. "Good luck you two." We needed all the luck we could get. I lightly kissed the side of her head, giving her some comfort. She gave me a soft, loving smile.

After walking five minutes, we arrived at the courtyard to meet up with our parents. My stomach was turning into knots. The only thing that gave me a spark of hope, besides having Dust by my side, was seeing my dad and Blake talking. It seemed like they were catching up for lost time. My mom tapped my dad's shoulder to get his attention. Three pairs of eyes were directly centered on us. Like that didn't make us feel cornered. Dusty went to hug her mother as I greeted mine. Mom gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek when dad gave me a manly handshake. "Hi guys," I said as I gave them a smile.

"Hello Aulisor," mom said, sounding a bit irritated.

"Hello son, how are things going," dad asked, sounding a bit more interested.