Chapter IX

TITLE: A Voice in the Dark

AUTHOR: Lexie aka lillianschild

FANDOM: Spooks/MI5

RATING: PG13

PAIRING: Lucas/OC

SUMMARY: Section D has a traitor in its midst and a mysterious man arrives with what appears to be the key to rid MI5 of the mole. This fic is my own version of Series 7.

A/N: I'm going to come back to this one as soon as I'm done working on the next chapter of my Guy/Marian fic "To Be Worthy". By the way, I posted the third chapter a few days ago if you haven't read it yet.

Disclaimer: all recognisable characters belong to BBC and Kudos Productions; I'm just playing with them for a little while without making a profit. No infringement's intended.

CHAPTER IX

“I was so afraid of the dark growing up,” she murmured, feeling the unmistakably subtle scent of sandalwood and musk envelope her.

“And now?” he asked quietly, leaning over Annabelle with his elbows propped on either side of her to bring their bodies tantalisingly closer.

“I love hearing your voice in the dark,” she confessed as he traced her features with gentle caresses.

“Only my voice, Ангел мой?” he whispered teasingly before taking possession of her lips in a languid kiss which eventually turned into a sensual duel as Annabelle's fingers ran through his hair and then journeyed down to his broad shoulders.

As soon as the kiss was broken she felt her long chestnut tresses spill down her back.

“I love you like this,” he told her, burying his nose in her hair and pressing a kiss on that very special spot behind her ear which he'd discovered would set her heart racing the way his was with the anticipation of making her his once again.

Annabelle wondered if it was possible for eyes to burn in the dark for she was scorching under his gaze.It made her wish she could actually see herself reflected in them.

Untangling her fingers from his silky hair, she daringly touched his face and grazed his trademark stubble. She traced the thin-lipped mouth and then moved up to his strong nose. Emboldened by his acquiescence, she continued her exploration towards the bridge of his nose and the arch of his eyebrows only to be stopped when she was about to start the descending journey.

“Things are beautiful if you love them.“ she whispered, sensing the sudden tension which had seized his body.

“Annabelle...”

“Shh... It's just you and me in the dark. Don't let any ghosts spoil what little time we might have left,” she silenced him

“Где ты был все это время?“ he replied to her tentative caresses.

Where have you been all this time?

“Ожидание,“ she sighed as their bodies became one once again.

Waiting for you.

         * ~* ~* ~* ~* ~* ~* ~* ~* ~* ~* ~* ~* ~*

“Ведьма,“ he gasped against her lips, struggling to catch his breath in the afterglow.

“A witch, am I?” she echoed, responding to his kiss with fervour and fighting the tears which had welled up in her eyes.

“Я не помню, как говорить по-английски, когда я с тобой,“ he replied, tightening his arms around her as if he feared she might bolt and never come back.