Chapter 1: Bells of Ireland (Good Luck)

(O.D.D.- There won't be any pairings, but there will be family fluff~! (*^_^*))

Rustle

A young man with gravity-defying, brown hair ran across the grassy clearing.

A mask that covered the upper half of his face glimmered slightly from the moonlight that shone from above.

Sunset-orange orbs peered through the black holes of the equally black mask.

The brunet pulled his hood down as he flitted his gaze across the empty field.

A gentle breeze drifted across the clearing; he closed his eyes in content.

He then sensed Sun flames behind him.

"Chaos."

The brunet slowly turned to look behind himself to see a ravenet, who was looking at him with slightly narrowed, onyx eyes.

"Are you Ambra Occhio?" (Amber Eyes?)

The brunet inclined his head briefly, snapping his fingers.

Orange flames appeared at his index and middle finger as he wrote something in midair.

The ravenet watched with some amusement as he saw what was written.

*Yes. I am he. And you must be Signiore Reborn?*

The ravenet, Reborn, smirked as he tugged his fedora down slightly.

"You're the one that I've been assigned to work with them?"

The brunet nodded before writing something once more.

*You can just call me Alba(Sunrise)--Ambra Occiho would be a mouthful, no?*

Reborn smirked.

"Sure, Alba."

~~

Bang, bang!

Reborn grunted as he shot a few mafioso down.

Alba darted past the hitman and delivered a kick to a mafioso's head before sending a punch to the gut to another.

The brunet then peered up at the balcony when he heard a gun cocking.

He held up a hand and set up a green barrier around Reborn and himself.

A rain of bullets came down on them; a mafioso holding a gatling gun clicked his tongue when he found that his attack didn't work.

Reborn smirked as he inclined his head to Alba, shooting the mafioso down on the balcony.

"You're a multi-flame-user, right? I've heard rumors that you are."

Alba merely punched someone with a Cloud flame-infused fist before sending Rain flames over the others, causing them to fall asleep.

Reborn chuckled softly.

'I suppose that answers my question...'

~~

"Mission complete."

Reborn yawned into one hand as he watched Alba finish knocking out the rest of the mafioso.

Their main goal was to take out a small group of drug smugglers; a pretty easy job for the two.

Alba was tying a few smugglers up before pausing in his movements; Reborn raised an eyebrow at the action.

"What's up?"

Alba simply shook his head before rummaging through his coat pocket.

Reborn watched with curiosity as the brunet pulled out....a flower?

It was white hyacinth to be precise.

Alba set the flower in front of the enemy mafioso that were unconscious; Reborn raised an eyebrow.

"A white hyacinth? 'I'll pray for you'?"

Alba wrote in the air once more.

*I am no saint. But I have a heart.* Sunset-orange eyes glowed slightly. *As do you, Signiore Reborn.*

Reborn stared at the other with surprise before chuckling.

"I knew something good would come out of working with you, Alba."

The two heard sirens in the distance; the police would take care of the drug smugglers.

Alba walked up to Reborn and pulled out yet another plant; the hitman raised an eyebrow once more.

"Bells of Ireland...'good luck'?"

The brunet, for the first time, smiled at the other, tucking it into the hitman's breast pocket.

Reborn huffed.

"I don't need luck," Alba pouted slightly. "But I'll keep it anyways, kid."

Alba bristled slightly at 'kid', swatting lightly at Reborn.

The brunet sighed softly before bowing to the other; Mist flames surrounded him, causing him to disappear before the hitman's eyes.

Glowing, orange words burned in front of Reborn before disappearing.

*Arrivederci, Signiore Reborn.* (Goodbye, Mr. Reborn.)