Defend

Chapter 11: Defend
Dean's POV

When we had arrived at the hotel, we realized it was a trap. Sam and I ran in and out of rooms that the flames hadn't reached, trying not to get killed by the skin walkers surrounding the place. There had to be more than twenty. I was sitting behind a counter in one of the rooms, trying not to breath too loudly, as one of the creatures sniffed around. When it got closer to my hiding spot, I came out, shot it, and killed it. Then, as I reloaded, I stepped out of the room. I was joined by Sam as the creatures closed in. We shot as many of them as we could, but they kept coming

After it had gone down to a good handful, a black wolf came out and started helping us. I was to preoccupied with staying alive, I didn't bother yelling at October. The number diminished a little more. Another wolf appeared, bigger than October and looked like it already had a good beating. As I finished another skin walker, I turned to see the wolf charging at me. October bounded in between us, causing the other to come to a screeching halt. They barked at each other as if communicating. Then October pounced. As they wrestled, I stepped towards them, but two skin walkers blocked my way.

A few moments later, it was just October and who she was fighting. I pointed my guy. When I hesitated to pull the trigger, Sam asked, "What are you waiting for?"

"Man, I don't know which one's her," I replied, putting my gun down. We watched in pain as they fought. Eventually, one tore the other's throat and it fell down, dead. I saw the victor was smaller. October. She started limping to a pile of clothes off to the side. She had been there and we didn't even know until she joined the fight. She struggled to drag the clothes. I walked over and picked them up for her. I then followed her around the corner and set her clothes down. After I left to give some privacy, I saw that the other wolf had been Drake. Blood covered his mutilated body. Soon, I heard crying. Soft, quiet sobs as if the owner didn't want any one to hear. It was October. I peeked around the corner. I watched her shoulders move up and down with each sob as she tried to pull her pants on. As she put her second leg in, her face twisted with pain and she fell to the ground. When she didn't get up and just sat there crying, I walked over and crouched down, offering to help. She jerked away and finished pulling up her pants. Then she sat up against the wall. Shortly after I sat down next to her, she buried her face in my chest and cried louder. I wrapped my arms around her and gently shushed her. After she calmed down a little, I helped her with her shirt and jacket then we joined Sam.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The car ride to Bobby's was silent. Sam had taken Bobby's car back, which we found out October stole, and October sat in the back seats, staring out the window with a sad look on her face. I glance back at her every once in a while. The only evidence of crying I saw was one time I looked back and saw her wipe away a tear with the sleeve of her jacket. She had been covered in blood and it had begun to seep through her clothes. Most of her wounds had healed and the blood from her hands and face, where most of it was, was getting smeared all over her clothes. I wanted to say something, but I didn't know what. She killed her brother to help me and Sam.