Day Three

Song on the side: 'If today was your last day' by Nickelback :))

Day Three

"I'm sorry guys but I have to go," Sam's father said. 

"Nooo!" both Cam and Samantha whined. 

Playing with Mr. Bradford at Sunday evening was one of the best parts of the week for them. 

"I'm sorry," Mr. Bradford apologized before leaving. 

Cameron sighed.

"Come with me!" Samantha said entusiastically and dragged him to the garden. 

That afternoon, she just couldn't wait for the time they spent playing to be over. 

"What is it?" he asked.

She lay down and made him do the same. 

"Look!" she exclaimed raising her shirt a bit, exposing the little sketch on her hip bone. 

"Is it a tattoo?!" he asked.

"Not a real one," she sighed.

"It looks good, though," he said, glad to see his friend's eyes lighting up again. 

"I think I'll get a real one when I grow up!"

"You should do that!" 

"How 'bout you, Cam?"

"I will get a dragon one... I will be like a knight and I will be able to protect you from everyone and everything."

Everyone would be afraid of his dragon and he would do anything to protect his little daydreameress even if it made her hate him for acting like her father. 

She was just too precious for him to lose her. 

When I was a kid, I hated mountains. I felt like there was too much oxygen to handle. It was more like I was being burnt alive than breathing. I was just too tiny. When I grew up, I tried to go up there again but it didn't turn out the way I expected it to. I was not tiny anymore but I just couldn't stand all the cleanliness, the purity... I sort of felt like filth.

Later at that night, I went back to my house and sat into my closet. It was the first time I replayed my whole life in my mind and regretted every single moment of it. Every alcohol-filled glass, every pair of hungry arms that roamed my body, every word I had said and every time I did not rethink what I was about to do.

Needless to say that I forgot about everything three hours later, deleted my visit to the mountain from my head and never thought about it again -until today.

Last night, Cameron and I had another heart-opening conversation about how much of a liar whore I was and after that, we just stayed silent in the car. Every moment the need to get out grew bigger. The lack of oxygen was killing me. I couldn't even think straight- all I wanted was someone to take me to a mountain.

Before drifting to sleep, he mumbled a "We're going to the waterfalls in two days". I was not even aware of the fact that there were waterfalls around here but anyway.

I immersed another blueberry in the chocolate fondue and threw it straight in my mouth. I had woken up about an hour ago and decided to go buy some breakfast, only for myself. When I came back, Cameron was fixing something to the lights of the car so, I just got in the vehicle and started eating. 

A loud bang caused me to look up and saw Cameron sitting on the hood. Seriously now, did he have to hop on it? However, as my eyes wandered across his back, I noticed something on his shoulder blade that almost made me choke myself with the blueberries.