Chapter 8 - Heartless

“Trap him, Trinity.” I commanded Trinity.

“Expugnationis!” Trinity shouted.

“Don’t even try escaping. That’s a spell bound trap that disables most creatures from leaving the circle.” Trinity explained

“Do you take us as fools?!” I asked angrily.

“Did you not think that we could smell you. You smell different. Not a vampire.” Caleb said.

“I’m sorry, what?!” he asked.

“Yes, you heard that right. Finn is a vampire, Caleb is a werewolf, Madison and Ethan here are Royal Werecats, Megan is a ghost, I am a vampire wizard and Trinity is a spellcaster.” I said.

“You see, you thought we were normal people. That’s why you didn’t answer me. You thought that I was just a ghost and you’re the only one who can see me, that they can’t. That’s why you disregarded me, but see, they’re my friends.” Megan said.

“Where is Finn?” I asked.

“He’s in the Book Club Building, no one even comes there so I stuck him there while I take his form.” He explained.

“I knew it, shifter.” Trinity exclaimed.

“Shifter?” Caleb asked.

“Shifters are shapeshifters. They can change their appearance based on what they want to look like.” Trinity said.

“You got me. Yes, I am not Finn. I locked him up on the school’s Chem Lab.” He said.

“Who are you? What do you want from us?” I asked.

“My name is Alex. I’m a shifter from a far away town. I traveled here to find a witch names Viktoria.” Alex explained.

“What do you want from my mother?” I asked.

“Your mother? You’re the Hybrid?” he asked.

“I believe so.” I said.

“I came here to deliver a message. A very important message. I need to meet Viktoria now.” He said in a very serious tone.

“Mother is not here.” I said.

“No. That can’t be… I-I traveled so far… my kind.. they’re …” Alex muttered.

“Tell us what happened.” Madison quickly said.

“I’m a shifter. Our kind have been living quietly on our own town very far from here. About a week ago, our town was attacked. Everyone died. I was there when the attacked happened. The breathers, they left nothing. Before they were able to kill all of our kind, the Elders called me into the tribunal. They gave me a message and a mission to find a witch named Viktoria. That I must not tell anyone. It is a very important and urgent matter. Now, all of my kind is dead. I need to find Viktoria. She can  help me. She can protect me, before the breathers kill me.” Alex explained.

“Wait. Breathers are after you?” Caleb asked.

“Yes. I think that the message that I am supposed to deliver is very important to them too. They want to kill me.” Alex clearly said.

“Why is your mom always in the middle of this ‘I NEED HELP’ things?” Meghan exclaimed.

“I will answer that. Mikael’s mother is the Great White Grand Witch Viktoria, who is a descendant of the first ever witch Udonna. Viktoria is also the successor of the most powerful  Witch to walk the face of the Earth. Viktoria is over 900 years old and all of the creatures decided that they need a leader, and Viktoria is the strongest and most powerful creature alive right now, so we ask her for help.” Madison explained.