Chapter 7 - Don't Lie To Us

We were still getting over not only the fact that Caleb just survived his first turn, but also the fact that werecats are real, no one got killed and that obviously, there’s something wrong. I can’t quite put my finger on it but I’m pretty sure there’s something that isn’t supposed to happen. I was still looking blankly while I stare outside the window until I got interrupted by Trinity’s phone. It was ringing and Trinity ran over to her bag to pick up her very noisy phone.

“Hello?” Trinity greeted. “Mom? Why did you call?” she asked. “What? Why? O-Okay then.” She answered. “I am here at the Grand Witch’s son’s house.” She replied. “but… o-okay mom. Travel safe. Take care. Bye.” She spoke and then hung up.

“What was that about?” Megan asked.

“My mom just told me that she and my father are going to meet up with the other witches, vampires, werewolves and other creatures.” She stated.

“Well, what’s shocking about that? That’s good right? One big happy monster family.” Megan exclaimed.

“No. Not really. Spellcasters don’t like being acquainted with witches, vampires and other creatures. They are very sensitive creatures and they do not feel that much eased up with other creatures like us. That’s why they tend to work alone with their own kind.” I explained.

“So that’s why Trinity was so hysterical about me and you guys!” Megan shouted.

“I wasn’t hysterical!” Trinity defended.

“Yes you were.” Finn added.

“Well doesn’t that make things better? Like Megan said, one big happy family.” Caleb remarked.

“No. It makes things far more dangerous, unorthodox and terrifying. If all the creatures are working together then something big, as in really massive, is about to fall upon Earth. Something that’ll put millions of lives in grave danger. That’s the only possible reason why creatures unite like this.” I explained.

“So, I want to know if I could stay here for awhile, until my parents get back.” Trinity asked.

“Yes.” I answered.

That night we had one of our most scrumptious dinner ever, it was filled with joy and we didn’t feel the tension of being different with each other. We didn’t feel like we’re creatures that are not supposed to coexist with one another, we felt like we’re family.

The next day, my alarm clock woke me up.

“Everyone WAKE UP! We’re late!” Finn shouted.

We headed to school without eating breakfast since we forgot that we were supposed to go an hour earlier this day because the school is having some sort of inter-school fair. We arrived at the school and we got a table for ourselves. (Me, Caleb, Finn, Megan and Trinity.)

We sat down.

“Guys!” someone shouted.

“Madison? Ethan?” Megan exclaimed in disbelief.

“Oh my God! What are you guys doing here?” Trinity asked.

“We got back to our village and guess what? They’re all gonna leave. They said that creatures of the alliance were gathering and they need all the powerhouses there. We said that we would like to come but they told us that it was dangerous and that they have to leave at least 2 werecats just in case our species get extinct or something.” Ethan explained as he and Madison sat down on the same table we’re sitting in.

“Weird. My parents just went there too.” Trinity told Ethan and Madison.

“So where are you staying?” Madison asked.

“I’m staying at Mikael’s house in the meantime, you guys, where will you be staying?” she asked.

“We don’t know yet but I’m pretty sure we can improvise.” Madison stated.

“Well, you are very much welcome to our simple abode, if you would like to stay with us for a little while.” I told Madison and Ethan.

“That’s great! I’d love to stay with you guys!” Ethan exclaimed in excitement as obviously seen.

“What’re you doing in school anyway?” Caleb asked Ethan and Madison.

“Oh, we just enrolled. We’ve never been able to attend school but we’re pretty smart so acing the entrance exam was a piece of cake though, we had to forge our documents to enroll here.” Ethan said.

We just sat there and talk about it for a little while until Finn broke the ice.

“Mikael, would you like me to get you something?” Finn asked me.

“I would be delighted. I am deeply starved and I have not experience this much hunger. I feel like we’re having some sort of famine. I would like to have those round objects over there, the one with the bread enveloping some sort of meat and that black liquid.” I replied.

“Oh, you mean the burger and coke?” Caleb butted in.

“I have no idea.” I simply replied.

“You’re so funny with all that weird ‘I am not from this timeframe’ attitude of yours.” Megan teased.

“Are you not hungry?” I asked the rest of them.

“Nah, we’re not.” Everyone replied.

Finn stood up and headed towards the place where we would get our orders taken while the rest of our friends asked me weird questions.

“Hey, so does Finn always do that?” Megan asked.

“Do what?” I asked.

“I think what Megan means is that, does Finn always have to take care of you and serve you?” Caleb asked.

“Yeah! I wondered that too! He’s not a dog or anything right?” Ethan asked, after that everyone looked at him awkwardly and then he said, “No offense tho.” While looking at Caleb.

“Oh, well Finn has all of my money, he organizes everything and takes care of me, it’s his job.” I explained.

“So basically, Finn is like your slave?” Megan asked.

“Well, I believe the correct term is worker.” I said.

“You do know that this is 2013 already right? Slavery is not much welcome here.” Madison said.

“Hey Guys, Finn is leaving.” Caleb said.

“Oh, he’s just probably going to the rest room, I have observed that he has a habit of going to the rest room before meals, so I am guessing that he is going to head over there first.” I explained.

Finn came back with my ‘burger’ and ‘coke’. Everyone exchanged weird looks and stares to each other as he sat down.

“Wait, I’ll just go get us some straws peeps.” He stated.

“What’s up with you?” Megan asked but Finn didn’t respond.

Then I said,

“Get an empty room, Megan. We have to bring ‘Finn’ there now!”

We tricked ‘Finn’ to get to the empty room.

“Who are you?” I shouted.

“What do you mean?” he stated blankly.

“Who are you?!” I shouted again

“I am Finn.” He stated.

“Liar.” Madison said.

"I am going to ask you again... WHO ARE YOU? This time, don't lie to us!" I asked in a very serious tone.