four

F O U R

                                                             "Promises You Can Count On"

                                                                 .                      .                    .

"Hold up, you're having his baby?" Daphne side-eyes Callie, who's speed-walking ahead of her.

"Don't say it so loud!" Callie scoffs, walking into the kitchen of Not A Burger Stand and tying her hair back in a pony tail, "Geez. . ."

"Forgive me for being shocked that you're having your brothers baby." Daphne snaps, shaking her head, "What are you gonna do?"

"I don't know, I wasn't expecting this."

"Who ever is?"

Callie laughs a little, reaching up into a cabinet to grab another ketchup bottle, "I'll figure something out."

"Yeah, like abortion?"

"What?! No! I'm not getting an abortion."

"Why, you think it's murder or something?" Daphne raises an eyebrow at her, leaning back on her elbows. Callie is quick to shake her head.

"Of course not, I just don't think it's for me."

"Understandable."

"Yeah." Callie blows out a breath, "I'll take table 3."

"You sure?" Daphne grins, pointing to the register. Callie looks over, seeing Robert standing there, a pensive look on his face as his eyes scan the menu. Callie sighs, "You take 3."

"You got it, C."

Callie walks out of the kitchen and stops in front of the register, "Hey, what can I get for you today?"

Robert smiles at her, "I think you know."

She returns the smile faintly, nodding slightly and calling out to Daphne Robert's classic order. Daphne waves her hand in the air as a response.

"How's everything for you? I heard you got adopted a few weeks ago. I would've called sooner, I've just been busy--"

"Not so great." Callie admits, leaning over the counter. Robert frowns, "I'm sorry to hear about that, Callie."

"Well, stuff happens." She chuckles, resting her chin on her hands. "What about you? How's Sophia? Jill?"