Chapter 6

Joy Anna's p.o.v.

The rest of the day was like torture. John refused to talk to me and I could tell he was extremely disappointed. I didn't mean to disappoint him but I really couldn't help what I did. Well I guess I could. This whole moving thing is really stressful.

I got down on my knees and did something that I should have been doing the whole time. I prayed.

"Dear God, I know I haven't been talking to you very much lately and I'm sorry. Will you forgive me? I really need some help right now. Jordyn has cancer and she needs help God, just please protect her. I know I haven't been very good lately. Please help my heart to get in the right spot and to follow you and know you're in control. I really don't know why mom and dad did this to us but I know you do and you have a plan through all this. Please help me to be more Godly God. And please help John not to be to mad at me and Jackson to get better. In Jesus name I pray, Amen." I prayed.

I opened my eyes and saw John standing with his hands in his pockets. I ran over and hugged him.

"I'm so sorry John!" I apologized.

He hugged me back and accepted my apology. "Joy I really don't know why they did this to us either but we're going to get through this together." He promised.

"What's going on?" Jackson asked as he walked in the room.

"We're just hugging. Do you want to join us?" I asked.

He nodded and joined our group hug. "Do you want me to make dinner John?" I asked him.

"Do you want to?" He asked skeptically.

I nodded. "Go ahead then." He agreed.

I smiled. I rushed into the kitchen and turned the stove and the oven top on. I made garlic bread on the oven top while I made spaghetti on the stove.

At about 5:30 I called the boys in to eat. I smiled at their expressions when they saw my meal. We ate and talked happily for about an hour before going off to do homework. I finished my homework quickly and decided to Skype Jessa.

"Hi Jessa how's it going?" I asked, waving.

"It's so incredibly stressful to find a job and to try to take care of these kids." She sighed.

"What kids do you have?" I asked because I had forgotten.

"Jennifer and Jeremiah. Jeremiah is missing Jedidiah awfully though. I guess we're all missing someone but it's his twin." She said.

"Did you hear about Jordyn?" I asked her, not knowing who Jinger had told.

She nodded. "About her leukemia? Yeah. I cannot believe it though! What is going on?!" She wondered aloud.

"Did you see the news?" I asked.

"What on the news?" Jessa asked.

"About our house." I clarified.

"No. What happened?" She asked.

"There was a break in by two men not Rio  long after we left." I replied.

"Really? That's awful." She said, not getting the point.

"I know Jessa but that means that maybe mom and dad had tried to get us out of the house for a different reason then what they said. Maybe those men are after us and they want something." I clarified.

"Joy, what on earth would middle aged men want from us? What do you think they're after?" She asked.

"I don't know. But we need to find out. Maybe you can look up their names and google them or something?" I suggested. "John doesn't like me using the internet."

"Well, I guess it's worth a shot. I'll try to if I remember. " Jessa compromised.

We talked for about another 15 minutes before Jessa had to go. After telling her goodbye, I put down my phone and started to get ready for bed.

Jessa's p.o.v.

Joy just Skyped me which is good because I really needed to talk to someone because I feel very unsettled about this whole ordeal.

"Jessa will you give me a bath?" I heard Jennifer ask.

"Yeah Jenny in a minute!" I yelled back.

I sighed and went in there to give her a bath.

"Hey Jessa do you have a pen I could borrow?" Jeremiah asked through the door.

"There are some on the counter. Are you almost done with school?" I asked.

"Yeah, thanks." He said and ran off.

We took our homeschooling stuff here and are continuing to homeschool instead of going to public school. Not all us kids choose to do it that way, but I figured that we might as well finish the year homeschooling so we could get accustomed to the area.

Once I finished giving Jennifer a bath I got on the little computer in our house and googled who broke into our house to humor Joy.

As I clicked the search button, the results came up instantly. Two men named Daniel hangerdang and Samuel hangerdang where the ones charged with breaking in.  I guess they're brothers. Then I googled their names. I gasped. Apparently they have been in jail twice for various break ins followed by hunting down and torturing the people who live in the house until they get the thing they want. Nobody really knows what they want until they come. It sounds so cliche. I almost don't believe it. But hey you never know.

It did have to be something dangerous that they wanted to do if mom and dad did this to us for that reason. Or it just could be a huge coincidence and they just wanted to get the leftover stuff from our house.

But something about them just seems very unsettling. They look sorta familiar though. But I don't know we're from. I went to bed that night with their images stuck in my head.

---------------------------------------------

A/N

Okay soooo I wrote this a while ago but my Internet hasn't been working so I couldn't upload it. I gotta admit, I didn't want to write another chapter until I saw I had a comment asking me to please upload. Those comments REALLY made me want to write another chapter.... Sooooo yeah. I'm sorry it's short and all that jazz but I'm kinda busy. Okay byeeee.

- Hailey