The lone duggar child

Chapter 1

Danielle's p.o.v.

"Class this is Joy-Anna she will be in our class for the next couple of months." My teacher, Mrs. Kaiser said.

"What's with her outfit?" I whispered to my best friend Jordyn.

She shrugged.

"It's looks like something out of little house on the prarie." I snickered.

"Danielle do you wish to share something with the class?" Mrs. Kaiser asked.

"No ma'am." I muttered.

"I didn't think so." She responded.

"Joy you can to take a seat by Hannah." Mrs. Kaiser said.

"Wait, before you take a seat, would you like to tell the class some things about you?" Mrs. Kaiser asked suddenly,"Just so we can get to know you better."

Joy shyly nodded. "I guess so. My name is Joy-Anna Duggar." She started.

"We already knew that." Jordyn laughed.

" Jordyn!" Mrs. K snapped. "Go on Joy-Anna." Mrs. K said apologetically.

"You can call me Joy." She requested.

"Alright Joy." Mrs. K said, signaling for her to go on.

"I'm 14 years old and I'm from Arkansas." Joy proceeded.

Hannah raised her hand. "Why did you move here?" She asked.

Joy looked uncomfortable. "I don't know." She admitted. "Anyways I have 10 brothers and 8 sisters." She said.

A girl named Maddie raised her hand. "Why do you have so many?" She shouted out.

"My parents don't believe in birth control." She said, embarrassed.

"Do all your siblings go to school here to?" Gabe, my twin asked.

She got a sad look on her face and silently shook her head.

"Why not?" Gabe asked.

"Class I think that's enough questions." Mrs. K butted in, coming to Joy's rescue.

Joy took her seat next to Hannah. That was weird. Where are the rest of her siblings?

Joy's p.o.v.

I don't think they like me. They're all staring at me like I'm a freak. Some kid asked me if my siblings went here and I remembered the horrid few days before this.

FLASHBACK

My parents called us all down to the living room to have a family meeting which was nothing out of the ordinary, they did it quite often. Once we were all seated, my mother got up in front of us to talk. She stood there in silence for a few moments before opening her mouth to speak, looking very on edge.

"Your father and I are going through a rough patch and we believe it'd be best if we took a break for a while. We believe it to be in all of your best interists if you don't witness it and therefore, we have decided to send you all to a couple different places. Plus, it would be difficult for one parent to handle all of you." My mother said.

We all stared at her, stunned. Our parents NEVER fight. What's going on?

"This is only a temporary position." My mother said comfortingly, but it did nothing to soothe our nerves. She was hiding something, I could tell.

She got out a list. "Jana, Josiah, and Justin come here." My mother said sadly.

She kissed each of them. "We are sending you to Utah." She said. "There is all ready a house there for you and your stuff is being shipped." Mother said quietly.

Justin teared up.

"Utah?" Josiah whispered, too stunned to say anything else.

My mother nodded and pulled out the plane tickets. "Go! Go now!" She commanded.

They were the first ones to go. She dismissed the rest of us. The day went on slowly and uneventfully and it was pure torture. We all knew what fate awaited us eventually and it was almost worse to wait. Finally, at 6:00, my mother announced over the intercom for us to come to dinner.

We had chicken and Mac n' cheese. The dining room was quiet, none of us dared to talk. After we had finished eating she called us into the living room.

"Jill, Jedidiah, and Johanna come here." My mother called.

They stepped forward. Jill was as white as a ghost.

"You will be going to Tennessee." She said, sorrowfully handing over the plane tickets.

"Jill take good care of them." My mother said, trying to stay calm.

Jill didn't respond and couldn't bring herself to look into my mother's eyes. I could see the hurt in Jedidiah's eyes. Johanna blinked away tears.

"You should go now." My mother whispered.

Johanna burst into tears as they exited,turned around, and ran to hug my mother.

My mother quickly returned it and hurried her out. The rest of us went to bed scared that night. Wondering who would be next. We woke up at 6 am and ate turkey bacon for breakfast and went back into the living room. Our faces were as pale as would be expected.

My mother entered and cleared her voice. We all turned to her, dreading the words that would escape her lips.

"Jessa, Jeremiah, and Jennifer." She called. Jeremiah's mouth was wide open. "You are going to Kentucky." She said.

She attempted to hug them but they rejected her attempt. "Here are the plane tickets, go!" She said, rushing them out.

She then pulled out another plane ticket, waved to us, and proceeded to disappeared out the door.

Our mouths hung open in shock. "Jinger, Jason, and Jordyn." We heard a male voice say.

We turned around to see my father holding plane tickets. It was the first time we had seen him since my parents announced their plans. He didn't look well, his normally gelled hair stuck up all over and his eyes looked bloodshot.

They hurried to hug him before he pushed them off.

"To Iowa." He explained and they left.

"Let's get this over with." He muttered under his breath.

"Joseph, James, and Josie" He proclaimed, "You're going to Colorado."

Josie started crying. I was worried. Joseph didn't know how to take care of a baby!

"The rest of you John David, Joy Anna, and Jackson. You're going to Missouri." He announced.

I was furious as I walked up there. How could they do this to us! "You're a coward." I muttered.

My father got an angry look that I have never seen on his face before and he slapped me across the face." This is for your own good!" He yelled as he stalked away.

My cheek stung like heck. I tried to fight tears.

"Come on let's go." John David said, taking my hand in his and Jackson's in his other hand.

I took my phone out and put it on vibrate. We had a plane to catch.

FLASHBACK ENDS

Our house was okay but it was small and quiet. I called everybody when we got there to check in.

"Joy." I heard mrs.K say.

" W...what?" I stuttered.

The class laughed.

"I asked what the square root of 225 is." She said angrily.

"15" I said quietly.

"Correct. Please try to pay more attention in the future. You don't want a detention on your first day of here." She said. I nodded. This was gonna be a long day