3 - "Don't act like you didn't enjoy it."

Chapter 3 - "Don't act like you didn't enjoy it."

Unsurprisingly, Matt didn't cancel on Sunday. As far as he knew, if I didn't spend the afternoon with him, I'd be spending it with Sam. Small things like that bothered me to a certain extent because it was almost as though he didn't trust me. 

He knew I'd never cheat—or at least I hoped he did. If he had any idea how strongly I felt about him then he'd know I'd never stray. Then again, we didn't talk about it much because he claimed that he wasn't very good at talking about feelings. His usual line was 'you know how I feel about you'. Sometimes it was still nice to be told, though. He could say it enough over text but wasn't comfortable talking about it face-to-face.  

Right now, as we kissed passionately on his sofa, it was hard to believe that Matt didn't want my company. It was the same every time. We didn't spend much time together at school, but when we were alone it was a completely different story. As I deepened the kiss, he pulled me onto his lap so I was straddling him. My fingers twisted in his hair as he pressed me closer against his body, sliding his hands under my top. 

When the kiss came to a halt, he smiled sweetly at me, looking at me as though I was everything he'd ever wanted, like I was amazing and special. Kat could say what she liked about Matt's feelings, but how could I possibly believe he didn't feel anything when he looked at me like that? People could lie easily and say things they didn't actually feel, but you couldn't fake a look like the one Matt was giving me. There was so much passion in his eyes, yet mixed with tenderness and love.  

"What?" I smiled, stroking his face tenderly. 

"Nothing. I'm just thinking." 

"About what?" 

"About how lucky I am," he replied with a smile, his hands sliding to my hips. 

My own smile widened and as I opened my mouth to reply, my phone started to ring. 

"Who's that?" Matt asked casually, his hands stroking my hips, kneading me gently.

"It's okay. I can ignore it." I leant back to his mouth to resume the kissing but he moved his head away.  

"It's fine. Answer it."  

My heart sank as I looked at the caller ID. Sam. Perfect. I answered it, though, because if I didn't then that would seem even more suspicious to Matt.  

"Hey," I said brightly. "What's up?" 

"Hey yourself. What time can you play tennis today?" Sam asked. "I'm thinking...four?" 

"Don't I get any say whatsoever in this decision?" 

"No. So when can you play?" he persisted.  

"I can't, Sam. I'm with Matt right now." 

Matt had been staring out of the window, but upon hearing Sam's name, his head snapped back around to me with interest.  

"I'm sorry," I told him sincerely. "We'll play next weekend." 

"You don't mean that." 

"Yes, I do." 

Matt was apparently regretting his decision to let me answer the phone. In an attempt to distract me from Sam, he leant to my neck and started to seductively kiss me, his tongue darting between his lips every so often. It felt criminally good.  

Despite dating for almost a year, Matt had only recently discovered how much I enjoyed my neck being kissed. That was probably because it had taken a while for our physical relationship to progress. Matt had been a virgin, too, and he'd been too nervous to make any of the first moves. It was only within the last month or so that he'd started to try different things to see if I liked them. And even those different things were probably completely normal to most couples, not to mention completely normal to do within the first month of a relationship, never mind a year...