Chapter 8

It's short, I know. I may need editing in the end, I know. But I'm really trying hard to fight WB (aka Writers Block to anyone who is too new to be in the know lol) and this is the best I can come up with whilst trying to upload in a sort of quick pace.

Oh and tell me what you think of the actor I chose to play Zane :D I know most of you dont like Zac Efron, but he's kinda growing on me, and he is the closest person who looks like what I imagined.

But at least you have another chapter to read, right? And I think you may like this chapter, but I guess it all depends on what your rooting on.......

Enjoy :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8

Isaac’s POV

I couldn’t help but to see red when I looked at his hands on Nicole. Some guys have no shame. I mean you could see the glitter of her ring from across the yard, so why not take that as a hint that she is taken?

And, yes, I know I’m acting like a hypocrite as I never used to take notice of a ring either and still successfully landed those girls right where I wanted them.

But this is different, she is mine and that ring proves it. And being the only child has taught me to never share.

Nicole glared at me and didn’t remove herself from his arms; the douche had enough self-respect to take a step back from her, though the smile on his face was still prominent.

“So, I take it this is the lucky guy?” The douche said as he looked at me then rested his gaze to Nicole as if transfixed.

Nicole looked back at him and smiled, though even I could tell it was strained. “Yeah, this is Isaac Tristan.”

I took a step next to Nicole and slid my hand into her left hand, making sure her ring was noticeable. “Her fiancée.”

His smile grew and he put his hand out, “I’m Zane Richards, Nicole’s ex-boyfriend.”

I couldn’t help the smug smile that crept on my face as I shook his hand. I resisted the urge to laugh in his face, as Nicole was marrying me and not him.

But then reality washed over me like a tidal wave, and I remembered that this was a business agreement and therefore Zane was the truly lucky one as he had had the chance to feel what it was like to have this beautiful lady actually want to be with him.

I shook myself out of it once what I had just thought sank in.

Was I becoming stupid? I could have any woman I want, and have done. Nicole was a business partner in this settlement, and therefore I should not be thinking such stupid thoughts.

When I got a handle on myself, I realised that the douche was talking to me.

“So, hope you don’t mind, but I would rather like to take Nicole around the dance floor at least once today.” He said as he looked at her.

I wanted to poke his eyes so that he couldn’t look at her again.

I made sure my smile was the same easy one I used when I met business acquaintances that I’d rather poison than talk pleasantly to. “Oh, sure. But maybe later on as I want to be the first person to dance with her – as it should be.”           

I saw Nicole’s posture stiffen, and I knew that she wished she could kick and scream and put up a fight.

All I could say was thank God we were in public.