Chapter three

CHAPTER THREE

•••••••••••••••Twilight's POV•••••••••

"That's good." Luna said, smiling once again. "For a moment I thought that you really were thinking about your friends!"

I smiled, best I could. It was hard. I just felt like breaking down in tears, telling Luna that I might just die without them; and couldn't live another minute without them. But I couldn't. All these years I've been wanting to tell her, but I can't. It'll be like a slap to the face for her. I've built lie, after lie, after lie. It's not right. But I can't tell Luna. I just can't.

"Now." Luna continued. "As I was saying. After Breakfast we will be having a party. And ponies from all over Equestria will be coming! Exciting, right? Anyways, after that we will be having dinner, and then, well, the day is over. I know you will have fun."

"I'm sure I will." I said. I glanced at Celestia, but she wasn't there! I looked at Luna, wanting to know if she saw that her sister was gone. However, all Luna was doing was eating some of her breakfast, not paying attention. I wanted to tell Luna, but that might just send her her into a panic. I didn't want to do that, of corse. Instead, all I did was sit still. Maybe Celestia was going to set up the final decorations, or just getting something she forgot. She would be back soon.

After about 10 minutes of eating and finishing food, Celestia wasn't back. That got me extremely nervous. Luna didn't notice, for she was eating and talking with other ponies at the table. I made conversation with one mare and colt. They asked me all sorts of questions, like, how I was enjoying being a princess for example. I didn't even mention my friends. I wanted to, but they might not know who I was talking about. They looked about 30 years old, and weren't born when my friends were alive. After the conversation, I finished my apple, my strawberries, and all my other assorted foods.

"Wasn't this breakfast just great?" Luna asked me, whipping her mouth. I smiled. This breakfast was very good, if I do say so myself.

"It was." I stated. What surprised me was the happiness in my voice. "Thanks for the breakfast, Luna. It was really great!"

Luna laughed. "Glad to hear it, Twilight Sparkle." She looked to the seat where Celestia sat, and had a shocked look on her face.

"Where art thou sister?!" Luna cried in my face. I flinched, and wanted to cover my ears. Luna sure did talk really loud. Or as she called it, "the royal Canterlot voice". Celestia doesn't use it, but Luna sure does. When Luna came to Ponyville that one nightmare night, she was met with...mixed results. I told her to lower to volume, and spend time with others. I think the volume issue resolved a lot. Luna still used the "Royal Canterlot voice" but that was within the castle. She met all my friends during that Nightmare Night, except for Rarity. None of us knew where she was, but then Sweetie Belle, Rarity's sister, told us that Rarity fell asleep in the middle of making a costume and couldn't take Sweetie Belle out to Trick-or-Treat. I felt bad. Sometimes, sleep could get the better of ponies. Especially if they had been working all night. I felt bad for Rarity. She didn't get to meet the new Princess Luna. What did surprise me however, was that Luna's voice did sound a bit like Rarity's. odd, huh?

"I don't know...." I told Luna, a worried tone filling my voice. "I looked over there and she was gone!" Then, Luna but her lip, looking frightened. As frightened as a little filly watching a horror movie. Luna then told me something, that I guess was only for me to hear.

" Twilight," she began. "We have to go look for my sister! We cannot have this wonderful celebration without her!"

I nodded. I really did wonder where Celestia ran off to. It was the right thing to do- go look for her. Maybe this little "Find Celestia" thing could get my mind off certain subjects. One of them being the memory of my friends. I needed to get them off my mind. I needed to focus on other things besides them, no matter how hard it was. What I needed to do was focus on other things. There were more important things to think about then the five ponies. Like finding Celestia and this whole coronation anniversary.